diy solar

diy solar

Garage door opener

Square Peg

Does anyone make a solar compatible garage door opener? I’ve found gate openers and I’ve found 120V AC door openers with battery backup but nothing specifically designed to open a garage door off grid. It would be nice to power 3 lights and be able to charge cordless hand tools with the same system. I need to keep the cost in the $1000 range for panels controller and opener.

Does anyone make a solar compatible garage door opener? I’ve found gate openers and I’ve found 120V AC door openers with battery backup but nothing specifically designed to open a garage door off grid. It would be nice to power 3 lights and be able to charge cordless hand tools with the same system. I need to keep the cost in the $1000 range for panels controller and opener.
LiftMaster makes a DC battery backup capable garage door opener. I'm sure from there it wouldn't be any problem to add a panel

LiftMaster makes a DC battery backup capable garage door opener. I'm sure from there it wouldn't be any problem to add a
LiftMaster makes a DC battery backup capable garage door opener. I'm sure from there it wouldn't be any problem to add a panel
That what I thought Ben. Unfortunately every opener that I’ve seen has the backup battery mounted internally. The terminals are not exposed. I thought about using an inverter but the backup battery is only 4.5ah and I’m concerned about overcharging it

That what I thought Ben. Unfortunately every opener that I’ve seen has the backup battery mounted internally. The terminals are not exposed. I thought about using an inverter but the backup battery is only 4.5ah and I’m concerned about overcharging it
I can certainly see where that would be an issue. Might be easier to build something out to fit your need

Back