diy solar

diy solar

Gasoline cars 60 TIMES more likely to catch fire.

MurphyGuy

It just needs a bigger hammer

Study: Electric Vehicles Involved in Fewest Car Fires​

Researchers from insurance deal site Auto Insurance EZ compiled sales and accident data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics and the National Transportation Safety Board. The site found that hybrid vehicles had the most fires per 100,000 sales at 3474.5. There were 1529.9 fires per 100k for gas vehicles and just 25.1 fires per 100k sales for electric vehicles.

Study: Electric Vehicles Involved in Fewest Car Fires​

Researchers from insurance deal site Auto Insurance EZ compiled sales and accident data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics and the National Transportation Safety Board. The site found that hybrid vehicles had the most fires per 100,000 sales at 3474.5. There were 1529.9 fires per 100k for gas vehicles and just 25.1 fires per 100k sales for electric vehicles.
Study is flawed as fuck also using number of recalls, not actual number if fires.

Study is flawed as fuck also using number of recalls, not actual number if fires.

Yeah, with hybrid being the highest.

Why would electric be so low but hybrid be double that of just gas if batteries/electric portion didn't increase risk of fire?

"Complexity" is a subjective, non-technical term that doesn't really mean anything.

Older cars caught on fire more often than newer cars even though they are less complex.
The more complex something is, the higher the chances are something will go wrong. Its a universal rule.

Why are you in this forum? Why don't you stick to Russian forums? What kind of messed up fruitcake comes to a green energy website to disparage green energy? That's the literal definition of a troll..

Which makes me wonder.. are you a paid troll or just some basement dwelling Russian loser?

Murphy diagnosing a building fire.

Insurance adjuster to Murphy:

"Sir, why did this building catch on fire?"

Murphybro to Insurance adjuster:

"because the building is complicated you idiot. Good lord you people are so stupid, education in this country has failed. God you're dumb"

Insurance adjuster to Murphy:

"Ah hem, well ok sir. Is there anyway fires like this can be prevented in the future?"

Murphybro to Insurance adjuster:

"Well fucking duh! By making it less complicated you retarded moron idiot doodoo brain anti-vaxxer. How can you possibly be this stupid you misogynistic, transphobic, homophobic racist Trump supporter, Jan 6th"

The more complex something is, the higher the chances are something will go wrong. Its a universal rule.

So why did older cars catch on fire more than newer cars?

Your assertion that complexity leads to fires is silly.

gasoline cars and hybrids catch on fire more often as young people can afford to buy them but not maintain them.... this also leads to a phenomena know as my badazz bumping stereo burned up my car due to my shitty wiring... rarely a year goes by where some dumb ass kid does not set a car on fire due to shitty wiring for their version of a cool car stereo... and thats here in yokosuka base only... i could only imagine the chaos that happens in the states. :) :) :)

So why did older cars catch on fire more than newer cars?

Your assertion that complexity leads to fires is silly.

Wow... that brings back memories of my child asking me why the sky is blue...

Your ignorance, stupidity, and lack of education is astonishing.

Wow... that brings back memories of my child asking me why the sky is blue...

Your ignorance, stupidity, and lack of education is astonishing.

Yup! And why Model T's went more miles with less break-downs than a new Honda civic.

They had to reduce powertrain warranties as cars have gotten more complex.

Why are you in this forum? Why don't you stick to Russian forums? What kind of messed up fruitcake comes to a green energy website to disparage green energy? That's the literal definition of a troll..

Which makes me wonder.. are you a paid troll or just some basement dwelling Russian loser?

?????https://nypost.com/2023/08/07/ex-fbi-official-slated-to-plead-guilty-in-corruption-case/

I think its common sense that there will be more gasoline car fires, but its too early in their life cycles to get accurate statistics on EV fires. As the cells age, are subjected to heat and cold expansion and contraction, and the electrical connections are subject to vibration and corrosion, the frequency of firea will increase.
Of course you can say the same about fuel lines and connections in ICE vehicles but those are also known issues.
The scary part of EV fires remains their difficulty in putting them out and the problem of other things in the vicinity going up as well. Particularly when theyre promoting putting chargers in parking garages under residential and commercial buildings. It seems the charging phase is when many EV fires occur, these could take the whole building with it.
Gasoline car fires rarely happen when the car is shut off sitting in a parking garage.
All in all the thread is focusing on one minute aspect and ignoring a larger picture.
If it gives Smurphy an opportunity to abuse and name call other users I guess it accomplishes his goals here.

I think its common sense that there will be more gasoline car fires, but its too early in their life cycles to get accurate statistics on EV fires. As the cells age, are subjected to heat and cold expansion and contraction, and the electrical connections are subject to vibration and corrosion, the frequency of firea will increase.
Of course you can say the same about fuel lines and connections in ICE vehicles but those are also known issues.
Wow, you actually said something reasonable.. Now I'm wondering if Batvette's account was hacked..

Who are you and what did you do with Batvette?

The scary part of EV fires remains their difficulty in putting them out and the problem of other things in the vicinity going up as well.
That is a problem.. but I suspect the newer battery chemistries will solve that issue. As for other things in the vicinity, that also applies to gas vehicles.

Particularly when theyre promoting putting chargers in parking garages under residential and commercial buildings. It seems the charging phase is when many EV fires occur, these could take the whole building with it.
Being that EV fires are 60 times less likely, that doesn't seem to be an issue.. However, there's a simple way to tell if the issue is legitimate or not, and that is when home owners insurance companies start asking if you'll be parking an EV in the garage.

Gasoline car fires rarely happen when the car is shut off sitting in a parking garage.
All in all the thread is focusing on one minute aspect and ignoring a larger picture.
Interesting.. when I post about EV fires, its one minute aspect and it ignores the larger picture.. but when you post about it, its a serious issue.

The hypocrisy is stunning.

If it gives Smurphy an opportunity to abuse and name call other users I guess it accomplishes his goals here.
Watching you whine and cry about your hurt feelings while playing the victim card is pathetic.

gasoline cars and hybrids catch on fire more often as young people can afford to buy them but not maintain them.... this also leads to a phenomena know as my badazz bumping stereo burned up my car due to my shitty wiring... rarely a year goes by where some dumb ass kid does not set a car on fire due to shitty wiring for their version of a cool car stereo... and thats here in yokosuka base only... i could only imagine the chaos that happens in the states. :) :) :)
I used to compete in IASCA SQ competition and was an install judge at some USAC shows. Most kids do pretty good on basic safety stuff but some of the bad ones are definately rolling fires waiting to happen. I made part of my living in that industry for awhile and it was frustrating to have people bring other peoples mistakes to me in various states of decay and want them fixed for next to nothing.

"but I suspect the newer battery chemistries will solve that issue"

Blind faith, how reassuring.

Typical environmentalist fantasy. The same thing that brought us the environmental disaster of shipbreaking. You people dont think these things through and wont be around to clean up the results of your irresponsible actions, but will pat yourself on the backs that you helped save the earth.

The reality us that there is no reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from switching to electric vehicles. Those who claim there is invariably rely on incomplete and or flawed studies, and know it. They dont care because its their religion.

The most exhaustive research Ive seen on the issue:

It forgets nothing. We are being sold a line of bullshit.

The most exhaustive research Ive seen on the issue:

It forgets nothing. We are being sold a line of bullshit.
Damn are you unbelievably gullible...

Do you ever do any research? Or do you just comb the internet for anyone who says anything negative about EV's and then post it here?

Do you know who owns the manhattan.institute and/or what that person's investments are? I'll give you a hint.. It has three letters and starts with the letter O and ends in L.

Stupid can't be fixed... What kind of dumbass would listen to someone heavily invested in oil on matters of electric cars?

Back