diy solar

diy solar

Gasoline cars 60 TIMES more likely to catch fire.

Yup! And why Model T's went more miles with less break-downs than a new Honda civic.

They had to reduce powertrain warranties as cars have gotten more complex.
My friend has a model A, a 29 or 30. It hasnt run in awhile but I rode in it a few times. Scariest thing to me besides the plate glass windshield, is that the fuel tank is right above your knees, inside/under the dashboard. Anyway, those cars had to have their engines overhauled (rings, bearings, etc) about every 15-20,000 miles. Probably because the manufacturing tolerances were so sloppy, not to mention metallurgy technology was primitive. Things like ignition points would have to be tinkered with monthly. But they were simple enough anyone could do it.
Im with you though that just complexity alone wouldnt be enough to cause fires or other fatal failures of any machine. Really its how many points of failure there are in the system that if neglected lead to worst case scenarios and while that sounds like complexity, its not. You can have more components in the system, but engineer out the liabilities. The ignition points are a good example. Technically speaking modern ignition systems ARE more complex than points distributors were. But they have few moving parts that can just get out of whack so are more trouble free.

Damn are you unbelievably gullible...

Do you ever do any research? Or do you just comb the internet for anyone who says anything negative about EV's and then post it here?

Do you know who owns the manhattan.institute and/or what that person's investments are? I'll give you a hint.. It has three letters and starts with the letter O and ends in L.

Stupid can't be fixed... What kind of dumbass would listen to someone heavily invested in oil on matters of electric cars?
Attacks the source not the material, no surprise.

So hey Al Gore invested money in a smart meter company and by promoting his movie made $100 million on his investment.

By your logic we can dismiss that and climate change is bullshit.

All the clinate change researchers are well paid by grants from companies investing in green technologies. By your logic we can dismiss them too.

BTW many oil companies are also the biggest players in alternative energy ventures.

Im not going to call you stupid, your posts do that quite well.

The wide variety of issues that this institution has written policy pieces on tends to question the idea their sole purpose is supporting oil investments.

I will let the open minded be the judge.

I guarantee you will not produce a similar study promoting EVs that takes into account the same factors.

Youre just a lazy tree hugging douchebag spouting the leftist memes with no concern for their truth.

Waste of oxygen you are. Please stop breathing.

Last edited:
Attacks the source not the material, no surprise.

You're the kind of person that walks into a church and asks the pastor if god is real....

You say "attacks the source not the material" as if that's some kind of ethical or logical problem.. You say that as though you think its a bad thing.. Apparently you don't think much at all..

I assure you it is not. Your comment comes from a misunderstanding of logical fallacies. Attacking the source is called "ad hominem".. It must be a PERSONAL ATTACK against the source's character, appearance, or other irrelevant characteristics. Attacking their motivations does not fall under that classification, not even in the same zip code. In fact, a person's motivations are the very first thing you should always check.

For crying out loud, you're so stupid and ignorant it is absolutely spectacular... In this day and age, with information everywhere, how the hell can someone remain so willfully ignorant as you? <<<yes genius, that's a personal attack, but you're not the source either.. You're just a propaganda troll on a green energy website attacking green energy.

You don't go to a source heavily invested in F*king oil companies and ask them about electric vehicles you dumbass.

Most children, at some point while being raised, learn a very old piece of wisdom from their parents.. It goes something like this:
"Don't ask the fox to guard the hen house"

Judging by your statements, you didn't have parents and you never learned these basic pieces of wisdom. You dumbass.

I used to compete in IASCA SQ competition and was an install judge at some USAC shows. Most kids do pretty good on basic safety stuff but some of the bad ones are definately rolling fires waiting to happen. I made part of my living in that industry for awhile and it was frustrating to have people bring other peoples mistakes to me in various states of decay and want them fixed for next to nothing.
Funny you should say that.. i ran a custom car shop from 94-98 right after i got out of the corps and prior to my divorce... trust me i have seen good and bad but the last 10 years the bad has definitely outweighed the good. I competed in the 600 watt class for SQ and for SPL. two Orion HCCA 2100's and one Orion NT100 and one NT200. that was with image Dynamics horns and four 6" ID MB in the front stage. 8 15's in the rear with two 60 band eq's one set for SQ, the other for SPL. flip a switch ;) lots of fun times.

You're the kind of person that walks into a church and asks the pastor if god is real..

You say "attacks the source not the material" as if that's some kind of ethical or logical problem.. You say that as though you think its a bad thing.. Apparently you don't think much at all..

I assure you it is not. Your comment comes from a misunderstanding of logical fallacies. Attacking the source is called "ad hominem".. It must be a PERSONAL ATTACK against the source's character, appearance, or other irrelevant characteristics. Attacking their motivations does not fall under that classification, not even in the same zip code. In fact, a person's motivations are the very first thing you should always check.

For crying out loud, you're so stupid and ignorant it is absolutely spectacular... In this day and age, with information everywhere, how the hell can someone remain so willfully ignorant as you? <<<yes genius, that's a personal attack, but you're not the source either.. You're just a propaganda troll on a green energy website attacking green energy.

You don't go to a source heavily invested in F*king oil companies and ask them about electric vehicles you dumbass.

Most children, at some point while being raised, learn a very old piece of wisdom from their parents.. It goes something like this:

Judging by your statements, you didn't have parents and you never learned these basic pieces of wisdom. You dumbass.
You stole that bit about god and a pastor from me. Yes you did.

So I suppose you think the US government is an unbiased source on this...

When Bidens energy secretary was vested between 1 and 5 million in an EV company that just went belly up.

And Al Gore did in fact make $100 million on smart meters while scaring the world on climate change.

None of this changes the facts in that report.
Refute them or move along.

Funny you should say that.. i ran a custom car shop from 94-98 right after i got out of the corps and prior to my divorce... trust me i have seen good and bad but the last 10 years the bad has definitely outweighed the good. I competed in the 600 watt class for SQ and for SPL. two Orion HCCA 2100's and one Orion NT100 and one NT200. that was with image Dynamics horns and four 6" ID MB in the front stage. 8 15's in the rear with two 60 band eq's one set for SQ, the other for SPL. flip a switch ;) lots of fun times.
batvette3.jpg

Lol, hello, friend. Those are image dynamics horns on top of the dash of my 86 corvette.

batvette5.jpgbatvette1b.jpgbuttsweat13.jpgPicture012.jpghearse05.jpgbatvette1b.jpg
There the equipment card for the corvette.
I liked horns so much I got the aluminum ones from Veritas to put in the 65 cadillac hearse.

Horns are great if you can tame 'em. O ran em with their own channels off an a/d/s p840 that you could adjust their gain and crossover points right from the drivers seat.

Image Dynsmics factory guys wouldnt even speak to me at shows because I sliced the bottom of their horns off in my table saw and used the vettes flat dash instead. It worked because you were pretty close to them.

USD Audio had the best sounding cars with horns back then.

I actually had mixed subs, 2 10s and a 12 and it worked really well.

I won my division (SoCal Nov. 601+) in 1998, got invited to the world finals in Dallas... Tow van blew up in Arizona 120 degree heat. I jumped to expert the next season, did a few more contests then came to my senses.
As I finished the hearses system the frame was rusting out. It would have done well though
Pair of 15s in a sand jacketed box, lots of neat ideas. I was sponsored by DEI on that one, had two systems in it. The horn shown is the Veritas, I mounted them under the dash with piano hinges, the in dash factory vent control levers were used to adjust their angles for the height of the listener. (I put the veritas 8" mids in the vent kick panel holes, in enclosures framed with birch ply, fiberglassed, lined with clay, then sealed over with PL sealant.)

Last edited:
PS at age 61 and losing a lot of my hearing to that and 4 years of working on jets in the navy, and countless rock concerts... Im perfectly content to drive around in silence or listen to AM talk radio.

Though I do enjoy a song or two on a really nice system once in awhile.

Priorities change.

You're the kind of person that walks into a church and asks the pastor if god is real....

How much of the institutes funding is from the oil industry? Can you document this with proof? So far its just you ranting. The wiki article didnt say a thing about it.

How much of the institutes funding is from the oil industry? Can you document this with proof? So far its just you ranting. The wiki article didnt say a thing about it.

Damn you're slow.. I have to almost go in reverse so you can catch up.. Is this really the shallow depth of how you vett information?

Paul Singer is the chairman of the manhattan institute, he's also the founder and big cheese at Elliott Investment.. Now go do your own homework and find out what kind of investments he's involved in...

For F8cks Sakes.. This is "spreading life thru the galaxy with our space probes" level of stupid. This information isn't hidden or top secret, it takes like 2 minutes to find.. and trust me, no one who has invested BILLIONS into an oil company is going say anything nice about EV's...

Always check the motivations of your sources.. Billionaires don't become billionaires by telling the pawns the truth.. Their single goal is to make money, and they'd burn you alive tied to a pole if they thought two things were true.. 1) That they wouldn't get in trouble for doing it and 2) That it would somehow make a profit.

1691530109868.png

Damn you're slow.. I have to almost go in reverse so you can catch up.. Is this really the shallow depth of how you vett information?

Paul Singer is the chairman of the manhattan institute, he's also the founder and big cheese at Elliott Investment.. Now go do your own homework and find out what kind of investments he's involved in...

For F8cks Sakes.. This is "spreading life thru the galaxy with our space probes" level of stupid. This information isn't hidden or top secret, it takes like 2 minutes to find.. and trust me, no one who has invested BILLIONS into an oil company is going say anything nice about EV's...

Always check the motivations of your sources.. Billionaires don't become billionaires by telling the pawns the truth.. Their single goal is to make money, and they'd burn you alive tied to a pole if they thought two things were true.. 1) That they wouldn't get in trouble for doing it and 2) That it would somehow make a profit.

View attachment 161732
So you have no proof whatsoever besides a picture of the chairman.

We dont know how much of the institutes funding, if any, is provided by Singer.

We dont know how much of his portfolio is oil stocks, it could be equally in renewable energy.

Always check the motivations of your sources. Why doesnt this apply to Al Gore, Murphy?

Why doesnt this apply to Bidens secretary of energy?

Joe Biden is shoving EVS, whose parts are mostly made in China, down our throats, while many of his family members received millions of dollars from Chinese companies tied to their government.

Fact.

Why arent you questioning their motivations?

Last edited:
Hey fuckstick. Elliot management. has diversified holdings across dozens of industries...

Including...

"Solar projects in UK

In February 2015, the Telegraph reported that Elliot Management's UK arm, Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited, had put money into half a dozen unnamed solar-power projects in that country, and that it had "hedged its bets by taking out short positions in five other renewable energy funds listed on the London stock market."

And

"Oncor Electric Delivery

In August 2017, Elliott, which held $1.8 billion in debt related to Oncor Electric Delivery, a Texas transmission and distribution electric utility, sought to block Berkshire Hathaway's bid to acquire Oncor."

What do you know. Solar and electrical distribution.

Youre wrong. This is how you do it, bitch. Facts, proof, and links.

Now fuck off.

Hey fuckstick. Elliot management. has diversified holdings across dozens of industries...

Including...

"Solar projects in UK

In February 2015, the Telegraph reported that Elliot Management's UK arm, Elliott Advisors (UK) Limited, had put money into half a dozen unnamed solar-power projects in that country, and that it had "hedged its bets by taking out short positions in five other renewable energy funds listed on the London stock market."
WOW, you're a dumbass....
You don't know what a short position is do you?
You don't know what "hedged its bets" means do you?

Oh man.. I'm glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that... Someone finally beat the stupid of "Spreading life thru the galaxy with our space probes" !!!

You outdid yourself.. When I said: How stupid can you be? You took it as a challenge..

Damn.. you seriously have shit for brains..

ROFLMAO

WOW, you're a dumbass....
You don't know what a short position is do you?
You don't know what "hedged its bets" means do you?

Oh man.. I'm glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that... Someone finally beat the stupid of "Spreading life thru the galaxy with our space probes" !!!

You outdid yourself.. When I said: How stupid can you be? You took it as a challenge..

Damn.. you seriously have shit for brains..

ROFLMAO
Damn.... You dont know what WRONG means, do you?

Damn.... You dont know what WRONG means, do you?

You don't know what a "short position is"
You don't know what "Hedge its bets" means..

And you've repeatedly argued that we could be "Spreading life thru the galaxy with our space probes"....

I'll just leave this here so others can see what a moron you are...

1691612484555.png

You don't know what a "short position is"
You don't know what "Hedge its bets" means..

And you've repeatedly argued that we could be "Spreading life thru the galaxy with our space probes"....

I'll just leave this here so others can see what a moron you are...

View attachment 161880
You have yet to provide any evidence that the research of the Manhatten Institute is funded by the oil industry.

You have yet to provide any evidence that the research of the Manhatten Institute is funded by the oil industry.
The Manhattan Institute has received funding from the Koch brothers. The Claude R. Lambe Foundation, one of the Koch Family Foundations, reported giving $2,075,000 to the Manhattan Institute between 2001 and 2012, the last year for which data is available. The Charles G. Koch Foundation gave $100,000 to the Institute in 2012.

You know its interesting.. Current wisdom is that if you want to know what the scammer lying republicans are going to do, all you need to do is to listen to them. When they accuse the dems of something, its what they actually have in mind.

They constantly complain and propagandize that Soros is behind everything you've been told is bad.. but if you look up the information, Soros doesn't do jack squat..
They point you pawns at Soros to cover up Koch.. Oh yeah, and since you're kind of slow, the "they" in that statement IS the Koch family.

When they want your opinion, they'll give it to you.. seems to be working quite well.

The Manhattan Institute has received funding from the Koch brothers. The Claude R. Lambe Foundation, one of the Koch Family Foundations, reported giving $2,075,000 to the Manhattan Institute between 2001 and 2012, the last year for which data is available. The Charles G. Koch Foundation gave $100,000 to the Institute in 2012.

You know its interesting.. Current wisdom is that if you want to know what the scammer lying republicans are going to do, all you need to do is to listen to them. When they accuse the dems of something, its what they actually have in mind.

They constantly complain and propagandize that Soros is behind everything you've been told is bad.. but if you look up the information, Soros doesn't do jack squat..
They point you pawns at Soros to cover up Koch.. Oh yeah, and since you're kind of slow, the "they" in that statement IS the Koch family.

When they want your opinion, they'll give it to you.. seems to be working quite well.
That is totally upside down. Look into all the soros funding my friend. Many of the DA's around the country that DO NOT prosecute are soros funded.

Do you still seriously think biden got more votes than obama? LOL.

Twitter and the FBI conspired to cover up for Trump and family, right?

The FBI is working with Trump to go after ALL of the Antifa protesters who damaged federal buildings, killed cops, robbed stores and burnt down cities in 2020.

The FBI and DOJ indicted biden 4 times for records violations and stealing the vote to win. The FBI is blocking access to documents because Trump asked them to, and they are covering for him.

DA's from around the country are making up shit to indict biden to interfere in the election.

Whistle blowers from the DOJ, FBIamd IRS are all coming forward because the FBI amd DOJ were holding up any prosecution of Trump, even though he was paid millions to phony companies through his son, and brother, and granddaughter, and other family members. Yup the MEDIA is TOTALLY in the tank for the GOP and the republicans. Never any news about Trump ever comes out!

Last edited:
Back