diy solar

diy solar

GC2 6v Battery Parameters

Massey44

Hello, I just bought 2 brand new Motomaster Nautilus GC2 6v batteries to use in series for my 12v system. I am having issues learning/finding the proper parameters to set my Epever 4210an 40a MPPT charge controller at. I am currently using four 100w solar panels 2 series and 2 parallel for 24v going to the charge controller. What I would like to know is
Over volt disconnect
Charge limit
Over volt reconnect
Equalize charge
Boost charge
Boost reconnect
Float charge
Low volt disconnect
Low volt reconnect
Under volt reconnect
Discharge limit
Equalize time
Boost time

Sorry if this seems like alot but my brain is feeling like mush trying to read alot of posts in forums and coming up with nothing or information that changes from one place to another. Let me know if you need any more information

Assuming flooded lead acid

Equalize charge: 16.2V
Boost 14.4
Boost reconnect 12.7
Float 13.6
Equalize time 2 hours
boost time 4 hours

Others should be left as default.
Thank you very much, Yes they are FLA batteries. I will set it to these parameters and see how it goes

Equalize charge is the highest iv come across. Do you have a reason as to why it would be so high?

2.7V/cell is the "standard" equalization voltage in the absence of manufacturer specified data.

Check the datasheet for the T-1275 on this page:

16.2V

It doesn't have to be that high, but that's the most effective for fast recovery, and if the battery manufacturer indicates a different value, use it.

Note that equalization should be generally only done on condition based on two criteria:

1) specific gravity should be above 1.2XX
2) specific gravity varies by more the 0.03 in the same battery.

If #1 isn't published, fully charge a battery, float it for two hours and record "new" specific gravity as your target.

Read and understand all of the following as they apply to flooded lead acid batteries:

Note that flooded lead acid batteries require regular maintenance. If you maintain them well, they can have a very long life.

Lastly, since you're using 2S 6V, ensure that when you are at peak 12V system voltage, NEITHER 6V is over 7.2V. If one exceeds 7.2V, lower absorption voltage until it stays under 7.2V.

This is very helpful, as far as the 7.2V do you mean while it's charging or after? The sun is gone now and one is sitting at 6.42V and the other is 6.48V.

This is very helpful, as far as the 7.2V do you mean while it's charging or after? The sun is gone now and one is sitting at 6.42V and the other is 6.48V.

Lastly, since you're using 2S 6V, ensure that when you are at peak 12V system voltage, NEITHER 6V is over 7.2V. If one exceeds 7.2V, lower absorption voltage until it stays under 7.2V.

The highest voltage you see during the day, which should be your bulk/absorption voltage.

Back