diy solar

diy solar

Getting started with STM32F103RET6 programming

Yehuda

Hi everyone.
I'm new in the STM32 world, though I've made a lot of projects with both pics and AVR's.
So I've bought the STM32F103RET6 stamp, but I really don't know where to start!
I know the programming language is C, but I don't know which IDE to use!
I've heard about Ride7? Then I've also heard about IAR EWARM?
But I don't know how to use any of them... I can't set up a project, as I don't know what to include and what to write
I really hope you can get me started!

Free STMCube IDE is what I use. It is Eclipse IDE based and well supported.

Get one of the cheap USB programmer modules which will give you better debug capability then just trying to get by with serial port programming. The STM version has extra serial port for debuggng data output use.

An STM Nucleo board is low cost, about $20, has the USB programmer/debugger built in and is good for first starting out..

There are a lot of Youtube tutorial videos to get started. You will likely find code for just about anything you want to do on GitHub.

1635511354014.png

Attachments

• Nucleo 64 pin board schematic.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Free STMCube IDE is what I use. It is Eclipse IDE based and well supported.

Get one of the cheap USB programmer modules which will give you better debug capability then just trying to get by with serial port programming. The STM version has extra serial port for debuggng data output use.

An STM Nucleo board is low cost, about $20, has the USB programmer/debugger built in and is good for first starting out..

There are a lot of Youtube tutorial videos to get started. You will likely find code for just about anything you want to do on GitHub.

View attachment 70641
Thanks a lot!

Back