diy solar

diy solar

Giandel 1200W Open Ground

Furthermore, tech support from Giandel suggests I ignore the “open ground”fault test as the tester is not relevant to inverter power:
“Thank you for contacting our Giandel support team.
We understand your concerns now, so many users have the same issue when they use the tester to test the ground.
But in fact, the grounding tester is only suitable for city power, it will always show OPEN GROUND and give your FAULT indicator when you test any inverters.
Inverter's grounding design is different with City Power, it is a separate power system, it can not be same as city power to connect the GN to earth from somewhere.
If you want the tester show "GROUNDed", that is also possible, just connect the inverter's LN to Ground terminal, but this is dangerous, will cause electric shock, also can not pass HIPOT testing.
You need not to do this test, Our inverter meets the ETL standard, and it is designed according to standard of UL458, has isolated Input/Output design, so please don't worry the safety problem.
Hope my answer can help you learn more about our inverters”.

Interesting.

I would be very leery of a manufacturer that says grounding a power system is a bad thing. (That's just opening them up for a lawsuit)

Agree….I am not going to open the Giandel inverter to do a N/G bond and I am content to leave the N/G bond I did in my Subpanel.

Agree….I am not going to open the Giandel inverter to do a N/G bond and I am content to leave the N/G bond I did in my Subpanel.
If you press them they will instruct you to (for off-grid) bond at a GFCI after you thwart their rounds-round advice that doesn’t say anything.
I’m pretty busy but I’ll try to dig up what they sent to me on how to wire that. It’s posted in the forum here somewhere already.

Back