diy solar

diy solar

Giandel Inverter w/ Solar Charge Controller

alfaeric

First post..
I'm building a solar generator for backup power of a handful of items in Puerto Rico- and found an inverter that has a solar charge controller built into it- a Giandel 2200/4400 W inverter. From what I can find out, the inverter part works fine, and I did assemble that part, and it does work.

What I can't find any info about is the solar charge controller- it's capable of 300W input, which is pretty much what I need down there to daily charge the batteries that I have.

Does anyone have experience with this inverter's solar charge controller? It would be nice to not add another part to the system I have.

I have a a Giandel 1200/2400W inverter with 20a built-in controller (discontinued line on Amazon $80 super cheap combo). Works find, just connect panels to the solar screws (in my case max is 300W) I have 280W panel to be safe. I want to switch from wet to lithium battery. However, the switch only has GEL and LEAD ACID. I've contacted Giandel to see if GEL setting would work (less max voltage cutoff). Will have to wait and see if they reply.
MySolarPanel2.png

Last edited:
Back