diy solar

diy solar

GoodWe GW10K-ET/Plus without BMS com

hubacekp

Hello, I plan to build high voltage battery 60S and GoodWe GW10K-ET/Plus invertor.
Having problem to find appropriate BMS for 60S 100% compatible with GoodWe inverters, I decide to not connect the BMS communication into GoodWe.
Manual says:
That the battery switch always trip when it starts up (lithium battery) when BMS communication fails.

My dummy question:
Can I operate battery + GoodWe inverter with BMS communication NOT connected?
Will it charge the battery and deliver 3F electricity to my home?

If no way, can you advice me any BMS able to manage between approx. 60S and 80S and compatible with GoodWe?

Last edited:
I can not help with your BMS question. But I can comment on my Goodwe 5048.

When I ran that in 'self-define' mode, with my battery parameters setup/ charge rates etc, the inverter will not 'communicate' but the inverter still does charge/discharge etc fine based on what parameters you set. I didn't have it running like that for long, as I did notice it seemed to not tell the charge level so accurately (just from voltage?) so I think it would occasionally overcharge and run flat because it couldn't tell exactly where the charge level was.

I have since changed it to 'default 100ah' (despite my 200ah battery :rolleyes:) in the Goodwe software (PV Master) and the communication seems to work as intended.

Back