diy solar

diy solar

GrenerPower 100ah mini but different case to LiTime/PowerQueen

trad

I like the size of these newer smaller 100ah batteries. This one is similar to the LiTime/PowereQueen/Redodo mini form factor except shorter at 9" vs 10.25 a tiny bit fatter at 5 3/8" vs 5 1/4" and not as tall at 8 1/4 vs 9 1/4. I had hoped they might be even lighter, but mine weighs 22lb vs 20lb for the other minis. I haven't yet done capacity tests and we'll reserve judgement until we have more data. Not sure if these are prismatic or pouch cell construction.

Does anyone have anything to share on this form factor?

1704407080488.png

The compact size is nice. Depending on your application it will fit into even tighter spaces than the other minis.

I'd like to see more people testing their "minis" to see if they have the capacity advertised.

I did a rough test on my power queen mini 100ah premium ii and it passed. I have a redodo mini that just arrived I'll be testing.
At least this Redodo mini passes the capacity test. I'll get this GrenerPower tested soon.

It seems like LiPuls has a mini in the same box as the GrenerPower.

More minis coming???

I also tested the Redodo mini and it passed
If this is important to you, check for cold temperature charge disable and cell balancing.
My Redodo didn’t have it but I didn’t really care so much.

Cold temperature charging protection was not something I tested with the minis noted above (PowerQueen, Redodo, GrenerPower)

I'm glad Brad included that in his review.

Cold temperature charging protection was not something I tested with the minis noted above (PowerQueen, Redodo, GrenerPower)

I'm glad Brad included that in his review.
As far as I know the LiTime, powerqueen and Redodo minis don't have low temp charge protection. Assuming we'll see heated and Bluetooth options at some point in that form factor.

As far as I know the LiTime, powerqueen and Redodo minis don't have low temp charge protection. Assuming we'll see heated and Bluetooth options at some point in that form factor.
Agreed.

I expected these minis (LiTime, PowerQueen, Redodo) to become more prevalent with more suppliers for this form factor. But it appears that this other mini form factor (GrenerPower/LiPuls/Cyclenbatt) form factor is generating more competition. I wonder why?

Last edited:
Yes, even smaller. I wonder what that battery size is called? Is there a group number?

New mini by DJLBERMPW

Dimensions are like LiTime but not as tall (if you believe the Amz dimensions)

Since this seems to be smaller than any other mini yet to market, we await confirmation that this isn't simply a typo in the listing.

Back