diy solar

diy solar

Grid connection

David B.

I am designing a grid tied system with a different twist. I want to use my hybrid sungold tp6048 as my main power feed. Then when there is no solar or battery voltage switch back to grid power. I have no interest in selling power back.
So if I hook my inverter to My main grid fed panel box, do I need to cut the power company power to the main 200 amp box with switching or will the hybrid unit do it for. Me? So would i hook the inverter into the 200amp main with a double pole breaker and leave the 200amp feed from the power company on also, essential double feeding the main box? I don't care if the inverter leaks power back to the power company. I doubt there will be extra power since I'm building 32kw backup batteries. In the future I'll have 2 sungold tp6048 in Parallel. This just a starting point.

This should help you.

From my above post, you don't want the in and out going to the same panel.
Mine cuts back to grid and preset voltage and back to back/solar without issues.

Also, word on the street is the lvx6048 doesn't play well in parallel, I haven't seen anything about tp6048 but I don't think as many of us are running them... You might want to do some searching.

From my above post, you don't want the in and out going to the same panel.
Mine cuts back to grid and preset voltage and back to back/solar without issues.

Also, word on the street is the lvx6048 doesn't play well in parallel, I haven't seen anything about tp6048 but I don't think as many of us are running them... You might want to do some searching.
Thanks, 2 things, I guess hooking the inverter ac out into the grid power in is OK even using different boxes? Stupid me just thinks that weird.
What hybrid inverter brand does most folks think ,leads the pack? And what inverter are you using

Thanks, 2 things, I guess hooking the inverter ac out into the grid power in is OK even using different boxes? Stupid me just thinks that weird.
What? You'd hook the grid to the AC in and AC out would go to your loads panel. Click the link in post 2.
What hybrid inverter brand does most folks think ,leads the pack?
It really is a pissing match who leads. Sungold, MPP, some EG4 and others are all made by Voltronic; I'd say Deye leads the pack but you can't get them in the US unless you have connections with the solar mafia.

And what inverter are you using
I'm running the TP6048, you can see it in the photos in the link from post 2.

What? You'd hook the grid to the AC in and AC out would go to your loads panel. Click the link in post 2.

It really is a pissing match who leads. Sungold, MPP, some EG4 and others are all made by Voltronic; I'd say Deye leads the pack but you can't get them in the US unless you have connections with the solar mafia.

I'm running the TP6048, you can see it in the photos in the link from post 2.
Thanks for the help.

Back