diy solar

diy solar

Grid/PV feed-in is limited!?

DutchCookieMonster

I have:
1x fronius Symo 6.0-3-M Total PV 6090Wp 3-Phase (14x275Wp at an angle of 25 degrees and 8x280Wp at an angle of 0 degrees) (on AC-output)
1x Power One Aurora 4.2 Total PV 5165Wp 1-Phase (8x280Wp on the north, and 15x195Wp on the south (at an angle of 70 degrees) (on AC-output)
1x SmartSolar MPPT 250/70 Total PV 4000Wp (on the south at an angle of 30 degrees)

The fronius and the SmartSolar are visible as devices in the Cerbo GX.
ESS and DVCC are enabled.
Feed-in limitng active: No

The problem is:
When the batteries are full, and there is no or low consumption in the house, and the sun is shining brightly, I can theoretically return about 15255Wp. (This is a lot lower due to the location of the panels.)
The 3x Multiplus-II 48/8000 should be able to handle this.
However, when 6000Watt is fed back into the grid, the fronius is limited.
I see a settng at the fronius: Zero feed-in power limit. 6000W. Where does this number come from, and where can it be adjusted?

DVCC.JPGESS1.JPGESS2.JPGESS3.JPGFronius-CerboGX.JPG

Attachments

• GX-Fronius-PVinverter1.JPG
    GX-Fronius-PVinverter1.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
Your Fronius is rated at 6kw, there is no option to have a higher output for that inverter

Not quite sure how the various equipment interacts with each other, but if the Cerbo GX can control other devices power output and it is measuring actual export power, then the 6000w would be for all devices exporting energy?

If so, you should be able to increase that value to the maximum you are allowed to export to your electrical provider, which I suspect has a hard limit and that maybe why its limited.

No harm in making it higher to verify its the cause for a test, but if you do increase, make sure 100% certain what your provider allows before make the change permanent.

If you have multiple gridtie inverters ( each feeding the main panel independently ) , typically they would work independent of each other, so this would seem whom ever built the system did this intentionally.

Not quite sure how the various equipment interacts with each other, but if the Cerbo GX can control other devices power output and it is measuring actual export power, then the 6000w would be for all devices exporting energy?

If so, you should be able to increase that value to the maximum you are allowed to export to your electrical provider, which I suspect has a hard limit and that maybe why its limited.

No harm in making it higher to verify its the cause for a test, but if you do increase, make sure 100% certain what your provider allows before make the change permanent.

If you have multiple gridtie inverters ( each feeding the main panel independently ) , typically they would work independent of each other, so this would seem whom ever built the system did this intentionally.
The maximum power that I can deliver back is recorded in the Victron. This is namely 3x 25A. (230V X 25A = 5750 3x (phase) = 17250w)

Regarding the last point. I installed the system myself. And I didn't consciously set the limit. Hence my question on the forum whether anyone knows where this comes from. And how this can be adjusted or changed.

Back