diy solar

diy solar

Grid Tie Microinverter battery solution?

GabrielSun

Hello guys, I'm a TOTAL newbe without any electronic knowledge.

I'm planning my first solar project and my goal was to reduce the power consumption using two 500W panels and a micro inverter to 'inject' the produced energy into the apartment and, eventually, into the grid - if not used. Then I had an opportunity to buy a set of six 550W panels with an excellent prices while a solar energy consultant company has closed business and I had them for cheap. In the meanwhile I bought a Hoymiles HMS-2000 with 4 mppt ports of 500W for an amazing price.

Now, my project has shifted from having 2 panels and 800/1000Wh to reduce my bill to having potentially a 3300W solar panels and a lot of extra power that I could generate but probably I will not consume while I have a base 300 W load with 3500 W consumption during intense hours of the day and peaks of 6000W in the summer with air conditioning.

Hence the idea to store extra energy to reach a near-zero energy consumption using the batteries during the night to cover base loads. I have also to specify that I've choose microinverters because during the day I will have some shading (in the winter time and in some hours during summer) so I want to optimize the PV having each panel connected to a single mppt. Also I prefer to use microinverter because my main switch is very far from the panels so the cable cost is more then panels itself!

So, now the dilemma: to implement a battery system that accumulate not used energy produced by my panels and so distribute my energy production in all the day, in your opinion, i should:

Solution 1 - Use a batch of panels as grid tie and another batch to power a battery that will be connected with another inverter to inject the battery energy during night time
Solution 2 - Use the microinverter that I've bought for a future project and switch to an off grid hybrid inverter
Solution 3 - Connect a 48V battery between the solar panel and the microinverter to use my battery during night time (I made a sketch, I'm sure that someone will be so nice to explain me why my idea doesn't work, I'm a total newbe and to validate it I should burn two or tree batteries and some inverters! :)

What do you think?

Attachments

• Schermata 2023-08-30 alle 19.30.21.png
    Schermata 2023-08-30 alle 19.30.21.png
    68.1 KB · Views: 16
Didn’t get a chance to review this bc I don’t know if you’re still on the forum… did you look at the 3 or 4 other battery+microinverter threads?

If you are still around I can look in more detail

Back