diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 5000ES/US settings for LiFePO4 battery?

JohnGalt1717

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have JK BMSes that apparently don't talk to the Growatts, otherwise I'd just RS485 them and be done but... since they don't...

In the Growatt it has options 12 and 13 which are obvious enough for the battery (after you set US2 in option 5) But then options 19 and 20 are where it gets confusing for me:

19: This says that it's constant voltage. In a normal world I would expect that this is the voltage at the knee where the charger should switch from CC to CV for the remaining portion (like from 90% to 100%) and that there would be a cutoff voltage that would be higher than that. But there doesn't seem to be a higher level. I'm targeting 3.5V for my batteries so should 19 just be 56V and call it a day or am I missing something? I would have expected 2 options, one at about 3.4 (the knee) and another at 3.5 for cut off.

20: This is float charging voltage. Is this really a think with LiFePO4? Or should this just be at an arbitrarily low point? I've seen varying different answers to this. Andy at off grid garage says that this should be 3.4 * 16 = 54.4 but I'm not sure.

43: Equalization. This doesn't apply to LiFePO4 correct?

Thanks!

For anyone that reads this, I dug into archania:
Should be US2 for type.
19 and 20 should be the same voltage and whatever you want your pack to be. So if you're doing 3.5V per cell then 56, etc. I set mine slightly higher because it was reading higher voltage than the pack really was at with a fluke meter. Don't set 20 lower than 19 as your pack won't charge properly in any circumstance.

Definitely leave Equalization off. Lead Acid only for this.

Thanks for the update on this.

I just saw the thread since you bump it up / respond.

I have the 12K Growatt and it has to be in US2 also. However, mine has never charged the batteries correctly since I got it in March. I have contacted several forum members in DM and asked the settings. Then I have asked SignatureSolar for the settings and the first thing indicated they would not provide charging settings because they dont know the batteries. So I sent the Docan specs on the 3.2V 280aH batteries and they did provide some settings. It was strange however in that those settings were alot off from the settings I got from a forum member. Maybe I should have asked him what batteries the forum member had however.

My 12K has issues. Its had issues since day one. It resets itself at random times of the day for 30 seconds. It trips off L2 output most of the time between 3am and 6am. I have Solar Assistant on the Growatt and it does not detect a good reason for any of these events.

Thanks for the update on this.

I just saw the thread since you bump it up / respond.

I have the 12K Growatt and it has to be in US2 also. However, mine has never charged the batteries correctly since I got it in March. I have contacted several forum members in DM and asked the settings. Then I have asked SignatureSolar for the settings and the first thing indicated they would not provide charging settings because they dont know the batteries. So I sent the Docan specs on the 3.2V 280aH batteries and they did provide some settings. It was strange however in that those settings were alot off from the settings I got from a forum member. Maybe I should have asked him what batteries the forum member had however.

My 12K has issues. Its had issues since day one. It resets itself at random times of the day for 30 seconds. It trips off L2 output most of the time between 3am and 6am. I have Solar Assistant on the Growatt and it does not detect a good reason for any of these events.
Hi,
Sorry for bother,
Which were the setting for your batteries? I have 16pcs x 3.2 280Ah LifePo4 .

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ovidiu

diy solar

diy solar
Back