diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 5k High frequency inverter surge power protection to start high Induction load motors.

Majhar

I would like to buy a China make Growatt SPF 5000 ES (5kw) Hybrid Inverter to run a 2 ton Non Inverter AC. Initial surge power we saw AC compressor takes upto 10 kw for few seconds. Runtime power consumption is 2.1 kw. There is a chance to cross this value(10kw) and damage all the IGBTs due to high current flow throw them.

Is there any better solution to protect the IGBTs from burning out due to excessive surge power for Induction motor load start up?

Few solutions I am thinking about hereby;

1. To connect an auto transformer at the outlet of the Inverter. It will work as an Inductor in parallel of the Compressor. Inductor will provide the stored energy to feed surge power demand for the induction motor of compressor. Pls see picture attached hereby.

2. Also can add a set of IGBTs in parallel to the Existing IGBTs inside the Inverter. In that case, have to take the Gate signals from the same optocuplers of the inbuilt circuit of Inverter.

A. Is there any chance to overload the optocuplers to drive extra IGBTs ?

B. Is there any Circuit diagram available to guide us how to do it safely ?

3. Otherwise;
A. Have to put 2 nos Inverter in parallel or
B. Replace the non Inverter AC with an Inverter AC for soft start.
Which are costly solutions for us.

If any one have idea to put RC filters or Inductive/ capacitive reactance to store energy in them at the outlet of the Inverter and supply surge power when demanding to start up an Induction motor, like a Fly wheel of Generator, pls advice enthusiastically, which will be helpful for lots of users like me.

This idea will help for the researcher, who wants to run Non Inverter AC by Solar panel and also wants to make mini Cold Storage in rural area by Solar power. Thanks a lot from Bangladesh.

Attachments

• 17212052787909102719102963266401.jpg
    17212052787909102719102963266401.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 1
Auto transformer isn't going to help.
A Micro-Air EasyStart , will help tremendously.
You might even get by with one 5000-ES.
But, I think that I would still want to use two.

diy solar

diy solar
Back