diy solar

diy solar

AIO High Frequency Invertors. Warning They don't Have An Iron Core Copper Wound Output Transformer.

If you want a low frequency inverter with a transformer that will handle large inductive loads and last a very long time, install an Outback Radian system. Rock solid.
Problem with the radian is I understand it's really more like two FX 120v inverters stuck together, so it's only 4k per leg. Whereas the 6.8 XW can do full split phase flexibility.

I'm not positive I have that correct, but that's what I believe I learned about the Radian.

Hopefully we'll see Signature selling Outback gear soon and we can all get acquainted with the FX and Radian line again.

This is a teaser headline from someone who acknowledges they have no experience. I have been using HF inverters for six years without issues. First an Outback Skybox for four years and now a SolArk 12k for two years. I do not run big 120 volt loads so I have never come close to the limits of an HF inverter. I think the important issue in chosing an inverter is the features and programmability to optimize each users situation.

Last edited:
Hey while we got everybody riled up can I solicit opinions for how I could attach a physical flywheel rotary reactive power condenser to my system?

I'm wondering if any type of common pool pump motor can do it, since they're 3600rpm synchronous.

Do induction motors impart power backwards if they enter a generator kinetic state? Like for half a cycle or a few cycles.

I tried it with a 1.5 HP sprinkler pump, thinking it might smooth out poor PF from VFD.
Quick test said no, maybe more careful measurements would show something.

I think synchronous inject power if driven higher RPM than Hz would indicate, probably don't help at all with voltage sag.

Maybe a grid-forming generator, synced to grid, would help.

I suspect this is a one shot post from a troll stiring up trouble or conversation ... Kinda like someone creating an account and making 1 post about battery compression.

This thread reminds me I want another GS8048A
For no real reason. I don't have a use for it. (Yet?)
Almost want to spend another $3k on one. and a bunch more batteries. Because reasons.
*edit* my wife would kill me if I did that :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
What's wrong with discussion.
Nothing wrong with discussion. My only issue was the teaser headline, using the word, "Warning". I also learned some things. I once had a Radian and did not realize the limitation of each phase even though it was a Low Frequency inverter. I got rid of it when I moved to a home with a GT system and wanted AC coupling which the Radian did not offer at that time.

Back