diy solar

diy solar

Growatt app and website parameter definitions

PedroKTFC

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but I can't find this anywhere. I have just had a Growatt system installed and, as any owner will know, there's an app and website where you can change various settings to affect how it behaves. There are lots of settings, their names differ between the app and website, but what do they do? Some I've found out (eg TOU-Charging in the app and Battery First in the website are the same thing and allow you to configure charging of the battery in off-peak periods). Has anyone found or documented a good list of these parameters and what they do?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered elsewhere but I can't find this anywhere. I have just had a Growatt system installed and, as any owner will know, there's an app and website where you can change various settings to affect how it behaves. There are lots of settings, their names differ between the app and website, but what do they do? Some I've found out (eg TOU-Charging in the app and Battery First in the website are the same thing and allow you to configure charging of the battery in off-peak periods). Has anyone found or documented a good list of these parameters and what they do?
Sorry no one - not even Growatt itself- has bothered to reply to your important and basic question. I have the same question, and a further one: What on earth do the terms in the server dashboard graph mean: charge, solar storage, grid storage (for heaven's sake, I'm using an off grid 5000ES inverter - there shouldn't be any grid storage!), and inverter, grid bypass. If I understood what these meant in 'real-life' terms, I'd be very happy.

Sorry no one - not even Growatt itself- has bothered to reply to your important and basic question. I have the same question, and a further one: What on earth do the terms in the server dashboard graph mean: charge, solar storage, grid storage (for heaven's sake, I'm using an off grid 5000ES inverter - there shouldn't be any grid storage!), and inverter, grid bypass. If I understood what these meant in 'real-life' terms, I'd be very happy.

Just use common sense on the wording.

Charge = "Charging" generally refers to the process of supplying electrical energy to a device or a system, typically to replenish its stored energy.
Solar storage = amount of energy in the battery being charged through solar power.
Grid storage = amount of energy in the battery being charged through utility/grid.
Inverter = Inverting AC/DC and vice versa.
Grid bypass = straight utility/grid connection, no more battery or solar power invertion.

Just use common sense on the wording.

Charge = "Charging" generally refers to the process of supplying electrical energy to a device or a system, typically to replenish its stored energy.
Solar storage = amount of energy in the battery being charged through solar power.
Grid storage = amount of energy in the battery being charged through utility/grid.
Inverter = Inverting AC/DC and vice versa.
Grid bypass = straight utility/grid connection, no more battery or solar power invertion.
Thank you AshleyL. I've been trying to understand this for ages. Clear explanation of some silly labels.

Back