diy solar

diy solar

Growatt automatic restart after low battery

Otsile

Hi,
I have an offgrid system comprising of 3kw solar panels, growatt es5000 and 5kwh lithium battery. After several bad weather days, the battery drained to 20% cuttoff voltage and the inverter turned off. Is there anyway of having the inverter automatically start once panels start generating power again. The setup is on a remote site with no one available to turn it on manually most months the year.

The battery should not be shutting down your system. You need to change setting #21 to shut down before the battery does.

I beĺ
The battery should not be shutting down your system. You need to change setting #21 to shut down before the battery does.
I dont believe the battery shut down the system. The inverter turned off as per the setting #21 at around 2am. But once the sun was out the inverter did not turn on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_133835_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_133835_ShinePhone.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20231211_133801_ShinePhone.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_133801_ShinePhone.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm not sure what is wrong then.
If it has battery power. It should resume charging when the sun comes up.

As someone who runs some spf5000 as well, I had the wake-on-solar stop working on at least one of mine after a while.

It's not a big deal in my case, since the units are left on in inverting mode, but was a real pain back when I was using one as a charger-only. It had to be manually turned on each morning.

IMO it's probably just a weak part of the design that craps out real fast.

Hi, have you come across any solution on how the Inverter will automatically restart after sunrise?

I done some testing after this thread. I just couldn't find it to report back, until now.
It appears to depend on whether or not the charging reached float stage on the previous day.
When I reached float charging. It always woke up the next morning.
If I didn't reach float charging. I had to manually reset it the next morning.

diy solar

diy solar
Back