diy solar

diy solar

GROWATT AXE C-1

Mannfamilywoodworks

Solar Enthusiast
I have one of these batteries and one growatt 6k all in one inverter.

I’m assuming I have the same pre charge circuit issues as the eg4 batteries. It’s either that or my battery has an internal defect.

I was expecting this system to work and I was told by manufactures that it would.
This battery has been more of a headache than a blessing.
I thought this specific battery would be nice because it’s easier to put together.

My battery won’t turn on at all now. I have no idea how to actually monitor what’s going on with it and there’s no method of trouble shooting.
These do not come with a manual.
The manual you can obtain online is pretty poor.

If anyone knows anything I don’t please chime in.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Sometimes attaching a charger for a short period of time can “wake up” a sleeping BMS that has shut down a battery.

Also, I hope to never own a battery with built in precharge. I’m glad my older GYLL battery doesn’t have it.

Manual precharge is cheap and easy to do.

I use one of these :

IF precharge is your only remaining issue perhaps this can get you up and running.

Good luck.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Sometimes attaching a charger for a short period of time can “wake up” a sleeping BMS that has shut down a battery.

Also, I hope to never own a battery with built in precharge. I’m glad my older GYLL battery doesn’t have it.

Manual precharge is cheap and easy to do.

I use one of these :

IF precharge is your only remaining issue perhaps this can get you up and running.

Good luck.
Hey Thankyou.
My concern is that it will attempt to precharge whether i do that or not.
I used a pencil one time as a resistor and it didn’t make any difference.
In theory the battery pack should be doing that for me automatically. This is one of the reasons I bought the battery.

Hey Thankyou.
My concern is that it will attempt to precharge whether i do that or not.
I used a pencil one time as a resistor and it didn’t make any difference.
In theory the battery pack should be doing that for me automatically. This is one of the reasons I bought the battery.

I agree but the resistor may slow down the inrush current enough to help a marginal built in precharge to cope.

As far as not getting what you pay for, welcome to my world ?. And it seems to only be getting worse ?.

Also, I’m not sure how conductive pencils are today.

An incandescent light bulb might be a better household item choice. But at the low price of those resistors I have a half dozen laying around here at any time.

I agree but the resistor may slow down the inrush current enough to help a marginal built in precharge to cope.

As far as not getting what you pay for, welcome to my world ?. And it seems to only be getting worse ?.

An incandescent light bulb might be a better household item choice. But at the low price of those resistors I have a half dozen laying around here at any time.
Lol it’s definitely worth the $5 and the try I’ll let you know how it goes.
Would this be standard procedure every time I want to turn my inverter on? My property is %100 off grid. I turn everything off when I go to work. I Turn it all on when I get home.

With battery disconnected it should raise to 48v with nothing connected? I tried that today and same thing.

It says right there! Remote firmware upgrades…welp. That’s probably what needs to happen.

Attachments

• ED7BC44F-8159-411D-B097-2E947A259F58.jpeg
    ED7BC44F-8159-411D-B097-2E947A259F58.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 7
Lol it’s definitely worth the $5 and the try I’ll let you know how it goes.
Would this be standard procedure every time I want to turn my inverter on? My property is %100 off grid. I turn everything off when I go to work. I Turn it all on when I get home.
If you decide to go the manual pre-charge route, @MrM1 has a great write-up about a nice, clean permanent install with perko switch and resistor.

Here ya go:

diy solar

diy solar
Back