diy solar

diy solar

Growatt hybrid reports load power is double grid power

rcwsr

Hi, I have recently had a new array, and existing array, connected up to a newly installed Growatt hybrid inverter (I believe SPH) by a local installer. Battery is going to be installed soon, it's backordered. Also it does not have the wifi module installed yet.

Being impatient waiting for the wifi module, I bought myself a copy of Solar Assistant and connected via the rs485 port and have successfully been monitoring the load, grid and PV powers on the charts.

I noticed however, that when there is a high load like a kettle at ~3kw, the load power appears in SA as double that, while grid power shows the correct 3kw value. This only seems to happen when there is some solar power.

Photo below taken at 7:52am and shows inverter showing same power load issue as SA shows - kinda ruling out SA being the issue.

PXL_20230825_065225927.jpg
Screenshot from 2023-08-25 14-16-26.png

When i boiled the kettle before sunrise this morning, load power and grid power tracked one another:

Screenshot from 2023-08-25 14-17-21.png
And then right now, at 2:30pm with a normal idle load but higher PV, the values seem to be more or less correct?

Screenshot from 2023-08-25 14-21-30.png

I did wonder if there was some interference on the CT clamp after reading some other threads, so I moved it away from the CT clamp used by the EV charger and unwound the coiled cat5e, but it had no effect. The CT clamp cable runs down the same conduit, from the loft, as the twin and earth for the inverter. The inverter CT is on the live cable of the meter.

But then again, it's correctly reporting the grid power!

Is this normal? any ideas?

Or if this is in the wrong forum could it be moved please?

Nevermind, installer fitted the growatt battery yesterday and this issue has disappeared.

Back