diy solar

diy solar

Growatt Inverter won't turn on, please advise

yanosch

Hi all!

Installed my new set-up yesterday.
I live in the Netherlands (230v mains)

And we put up 2 strings (6 and 8 panels respectively) of Trina Solar Vertex 405WP panels

Our intverter is a Growatt 5000 TL3-X 3-fase MOD.

We finished the install, measured over 300v on our strings MC4 connectors, connected it to the Inverter, connected the inverter to our mains (with a breaker in between).

But it won't turn on.

We troubleshot for a long time, but we're all out of ideas and now think the Unit is DOA.

I've included some pictures, do you guys have any ideas?20221119_172556.jpg20221119_172558.jpg20221119_172606.jpg20221119_172601.jpg

if the AC was disconnected completely, it should still turn on, right?
You'd think so.
Did you buy the inverter new or second hand? Maybe there's an internal fuse on the solar input.
If new contact the seller, if not open the cover and take a look. Please be careful, look don't touch etc, lol.
Switch off first. Sniff the air in side has something burned out.

Last edited:
You'd think so.
Did you buy the inverter new or second hand? Maybe there's an internal fuse on the solar input.
If new contact the seller, if not open the cover and take a look. Please be careful, look don't touch etc, lol.
Switch off first. Sniff the air in side has something burned out.
I'll check tomorrow!
I bought it new, so will definitely take it up with the seller on monday, but I just wanted to make sure we didnt so anything stupid?
?

Back