diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P - won't turn on

@ger164 thanks for sharing those pics and description - did you get things working?

Question for everyone - if I were to buy a couple 12v batteries and wire them in parallel to get to 24V, could I use those to "jump start" my Growatt? My big battery still dies overnight, and on a sunny morning I just need enough juice to get the growatt on and then I can charge my big battery on PV. Currently I have to run my generator with that amazon charger for like an hour to get my big battery charged enough to fire up the Growatt. Would love a less noisy/expensive/polluting way to go about things :unsure:

@ger164 thanks for sharing those pics and description - did you get things working?

Question for everyone - if I were to buy a couple 12v batteries and wire them in parallel to get to 24V, could I use those to "jump start" my Growatt? My big battery still dies overnight, and on a sunny morning I just need enough juice to get the growatt on and then I can charge my big battery on PV. Currently I have to run my generator with that amazon charger for like an hour to get my big battery charged enough to fire up the Growatt. Would love a less noisy/expensive/polluting way to go about things :unsure:
Set your voltage cutoff higher? You shouldn't be draining your battery that low I would think?

System is working perfectly!! Thanks. I’m not sure about your Big batteries though. Wishing you well. Cheers.

Thanks, do you have a suggestion for what I should set my voltage cutoff to?
Higher than whatever the minimum start up voltage is for the Growatt. It will cost you available power, but I don't think it is heathy to be driving your batteries under 24v every night anyway. I have mine set for 25v.

Higher than whatever the minimum start up voltage is for the Growatt. It will cost you available power, but I don't think it is heathy to be driving your batteries under 24v every night anyway. I have mine set for 25v.
Good to know! Setting to 25v now, thank you sir!

Back