diy solar

diy solar

Any Growat SPF 3000TL LVM-24P Split-phase users?

fafrd

Solar Wizard
Two Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P can be stacked into a 3+3=6kW split-phase off-grid solution powered by a 24V battery.

I’m interested in whether we have any members stacking 2 SPF 3000TL LVM-24P inverters for split-phase power and would appreciate any views as to whether it’s a reliable alternative for split-phase at 24V.

The LV2424 was one of the earliest 24V stacked split-phase offerings and sets the bar for the minimum performance and quality I’d be looking for, but 3+3 is better than 2.4+2.4 so appreciate any opinions as to whether Growat’s split-phase technology is as good as MPP Solar’s (both are made by Voltronic, right?).

I do have this set up atm. I am planning on doing the Single Phase Parallel instead of split phase 120/240v as you just really get get 3000 each phase and I need more than that. I need ~5000-6000 watts continuous load. I would rather just get 6000xp or 18k when I upgrade.

Two Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P can be stacked into a 3+3=6kW split-phase off-grid solution powered by a 24V battery.

I’m interested in whether we have any members stacking 2 SPF 3000TL LVM-24P inverters for split-phase power and would appreciate any views as to whether it’s a reliable alternative for split-phase at 24V.

The LV2424 was one of the earliest 24V stacked split-phase offerings and sets the bar for the minimum performance and quality I’d be looking for, but 3+3 is better than 2.4+2.4 so appreciate any opinions as to whether Growat’s split-phase technology is as good as MPP Solar’s (both are made by Voltronic, right?).

I've been running a pair of Growatt LVM 24ps in split phase for almost 3 years now. I had a problem with them within the first 5 weeks that was related to poor quality control. I was sent 2 new main boards under the warranty which took care of that problem. They aren't perfect and have a couple quirks that don't effect the main operation of the inverters.

Despite that my setup has exceeded my expectations. Given what I know now I would have gone with a larger single inverter. I would have done that mainly for the ability to add more panels and a larger battery bank to extend my cloudy day backup. I could still do that by adding another charge controller along with the additional batteries and panels but it would add more complexity to my setup.

My house has two 200amp main panels and my growatts feed one of them which has worked out great. I do hope to add another larger inverter, more panels and batteries to feed the second main panel. If I go big enough there then I can be completely off grid. If and when I do that I will upgrade to a larger inverter for the first panel and retire the growatts.

Back