diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-48P Split Phase Problems

steviep19

I currently have 4 of these units

When I setup 2 totally separate systems like this everything works perfectly no light flickering no imbalances

1705765886284.png

However, Once I reconfigure them in one large system like below, I see really bad light flickering, and if the load imbalance between phases goes more than about 1500 watts the whole system will cut power to the inverters, reset and start up again. Same issues with this when I connect the grid on each inverter, as well as when I set it up totally off grid.

1705766072236.png

I've talked to Signature Solar where I purchased them, and they've attempted to help, they had me check for ground loops,which i didn't find. I checked that by disconnecting every circuit from the breaker box, and checking continuity from neutral to the ground wire, as well as neutral to a grounded pipe in the house.

I've also put these inverters into every other mode possible, and it seems to be only split phase with 4 inverters that causes the issue.

Two separate 120v systems with 6000w each worked fine

One large 120v system of 12000w no issues

Any suggestions any of you can provide would be helpful and I thank you all in advance. this community is amazing!

Last edited:
Posting this in case anybody else has this issue.

As a test I moved all lighting circuits onto their own inverter. I'm lucky, even though my house was constructed in the 1950s, the wiring was redone in the late 80's. Most of the lighting is on separate circuit's then the outlets, and I was able to migrate the remaining lights onto a new circuit.

It seems to just be an issue with these Growatt's. Even with only a handful of Circuit's that I ran and know are correct, when I plug a lamp into the system it flickers. This flickering seems to get better when there are larger 240v loads on the system, Car Charger, Oven, Hot water heater, but still far to much in my book.

I think, I'm giving up on this issue, and sticking to the way it's currently setup. With the lighting on a separate more basic inverter with only a 10 watt idle consumption, I now have zero flickering in my lights, and I've tested up to 5000W of imbalance on the growatts without issue

Back