diy solar

diy solar

4 EG4 6500ex flickering lights on low loads only

Jefits

We have an offgrid 8k sq ft house (4ksq ft of it is basement

We got 12 felicity solar batteries 10kwh each 6 eg 4s 6500.

We were told not to put more than 6 batteries in parallel. We have two sets of 2 victron bus bars connected to 6 batteries each. Invertor 1, 2 and 4 (all sp1) are going to battery bank 1 and invertor 3 and 5, 6 (sp2) are going to battery bank 2. This allow us to never over use one battery bank.

There are two house panels that are separated so inverter 1 and 3 are in split phase and have no issues for lights, AC etc. They are not connected with other inverters.

The other panel is connected to inverter 2 and 4, 5 and 6 (going left to right). 2 and 4 are 2p1 ie line 1. Invertor 5/6 are in parallel as 2p2.

They are connected to the panel with 2 70 amp breakers.

We recently add the two extra inverters (5 and 6). Prior to this we had no flickering light issues.

Currently if we run 1 ac we start getting flickering lights nonstop. IF we run 2 acs at same time we do not get flickering lights, go figure. IF I turn off either of 70amp breakers when there is flickering lights it will stop (likely because it increasing the load for the 2 remaining eg4s).

We upgraded to the newest firmware. The neutral is bonded to ground to at the panel only.

I DID NOTICE THAT VOLTAGE JUMPS AROUND FROM 118-124 WHEN FLICKERING. Signature solar has no solutions for me. Anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• newest inverters.jpg
    newest inverters.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 17
Back