diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES Maximum Battery Cable Size

Prince Of Darkness

YES, have consulted the Manual for this inverter. Am trying to order all of the needed gizmos and thingies for this installation.

Manual says to use #2 Gauge cable. It shows an image of a ring terminal, with "L" and "D" shown, but have not found the recommended dimensions for L and D.

Would like to use the largest cable, that will fit thorough openings, and be a reasonable fit on the inverter's terminals.

Would appreciate guidance, from those who have installed this inverter. Thanks! POD

The trick to getting it in......
Remove the bushing.
slide the lugged cable through.
Squeeze the bushing into an oval.
Slide it over the lug and down the cable.
Snap the bushing back into the opening.
Connect lug to terminal.
;)

I'm using 35mm2 pure copper cable for the batteries on my 3xSPF 5000 ESs. Room temp in use. 4xbatteries, proper copper crimp plugs and heatshrink sleeves. 2x T-fuses on the copper busbars before connecting to the 3 inverters.
No problems.

I'm using 35mm2 pure copper cable for the batteries on my 3xSPF 5000 ESs. Room temp in use. 4xbatteries, proper copper crimp plugs and heatshrink sleeves. 2x T-fuses on the copper busbars before connecting to the 3 inverters.
No problems.
Hi LydMekk, thanks for your reply.

Am just trying to get the largest inverter cable, possible that the mechanicals of the inverter will accept, so, am going for 2/0 AWG,

The manual suggests # 2 AWG, which I believe is equal to what you are using.

My decoder ring says that 2/0 is about 70 MM2. This run will be short, but, nothing exceeds, like excess!

Thanks again, POD

Btw. I also had to put the cable through first, pull it out a little and THEN pressfit the plugs as 35mm2 plugs is too big to go through the openings under the terminals in the inverters.
Forgot: I have 4 pcs. of big 200ah 48V batteries, 800ah combined.
Not pulling normally more than 150A max. as the 3-phase is only max. 50A per leg through each inverter.
Usually the load is not more than 1000-2000w on average per inverter.
Charging with 30A from each inverter, 90A total. After 5 hrs the bank is topped up again.

I know this is somewhat an old post, but I've just ordered a couple of these and trying to get/orders bits for installation. What is the stud diameter size for the ring terminal/lug for battery connections ?

I know this is somewhat an old post, but I've just ordered a couple of these and trying to get/orders bits for installation. What is the stud diameter size for the ring terminal/lug for battery connections ?
I believe they are M6.
I used 1/4".

It was the closest I could get.

Just remember, a larger hole means less contact.

The funny things is the inverters arrive about 2 days after I posted this, but only managed to open the box yesterday. The battery terminal stud on the growatt spf5000 ES is a metric 6mm stud., checked with a known 6mm cage nut. And I now realise that I miss interpreted your earlier post as a 1/4 stud., but yes I agree they are a 6mm stud.

Back