diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 5000 SPF ES - Back to grid for no reason?

ventura

This morning at around 6am my growatt 5000 SPF ES for no apparent reason transferred to grid power. Battery was at ~64%.

Settings are:
AC output: SBU mode
Charging: Solar only
Back to AC: 30% SOC
Back to battery 40% SOC
Undervoltage cut off point: 20%
Battery Type: Li (protocol 55) 3x 48V LiFePo4 200Ah batteries. (30KwH)
A video run through of my settings: https://we.tl/t-oMtMRwvBQj

This has happened to me before, that time I just restarted the unit and all worked good up till now. Right now I am abroad, so I cannot do that. Anybody experienced anything similar? Also What do you think I can do about this from abroad? I wonder if it will transfer back to battery power once the PV charges the battery to a certain percentage, but I don' know as the back to battery SOC is currently lower than the battery SOC and it is still importing from grid...

Screenshot_20231111-093026~2.pngScreenshot_20231111-093030~2.pngScreenshot_20231111-100711~2.png

It's possible that it switched over due to an error detected. (Overload or over temperature)

It's possible that it switched over due to an error detected. (Overload or over temperature)
Hi, thanks for your reply :) I don't see any error like that not in the mobile interface nor the web interface. Also It is highly unlikely as it was in the early morning. My load was around 100W so ~2%. and temperature is a steady 18 degree Celsius, so it shouldn't be an issue. Although even it this was the case, I would expect it to now transfer back to battery power as battery is now at 68%, but it is still in bypass mode.

An interesting find is that it seems like the switchover happened just as the sun was coming up and PV voltage reached around 100V.
Névtelen.png

It also looks like the output voltage spiked, at the same time. Which could have triggered a high voltage alarm. I don't think this type of alarm will allow a transfer back. Until the unit is reset.

It also looks like the output voltage spiked, at the same time. Which could have triggered a high voltage alarm. I don't think this type of alarm will allow a transfer back. Until the unit is reset.
That spike is due to switching over to grid power. My grid voltage is around ~240V while inverter output voltage is 230V. So I don't see anything out of the ordinary here and according to the manual it should cause no issues unless the grid voltage is above ~260V. Also I assume if over voltage was the issue I would see some kind of error in the app. ...also, still by now it should have switched back to battery power, right? :unsure:

That spike is due to switching over to grid power. My grid voltage is around ~240V while inverter output voltage is 230V.
That makes sense.
still by now it should have switched back to battery power, right?
It depends on why it switched to grid. It wasn't due to a normal parameter. So I don't know what criteria must be met , to return to battery power.

Back