diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 ES Wiring for 0 Export / Need help

Ok this would allow grid to be used with nuetral and ground again. As it is transformer is necessary when operating grid only. This solves my future plan for mpp inverter install that needs nuetral. It will be in seperate load panel feeding ac units only.
I hope I understand that the main service panel is the breaker at the grid meter?
Is the main service panel you refer to where I currently have the transformer breaker,grid breaker, and inverter ac in breaker from transfer switch.
Thank you very much for your time. I will study and redraw layout to make sure I am understanding.

Last edited:
That looks good. The only thing that I don't see is where the N/G bond is. (Should be in the existing service somewhere) Or a neutral from the transformer.
Ok so I can bond the neutral and ground at grid meter or in service box n bar to ground bar correct?

At grid
Not service panel
It must be located at the first means of disconnect.
After that, all grounds and neutrals are kept separate.
A grounding system begins at the N/G bond. And connects to all metal equipment parts.

At grid
Not service panel
It must be located at the first means of disconnect.
After that, all grounds and neutrals are kept separate.
A grounding system begins at the N/G bond. And connects to all metal equipment parts.
Ok perfect. Thank you very much. The main breaker and meter box has provisions for this. I removed them a while back per other drawing. I will put them back on.
I really do appreciate your help. I feel this is a safer system. I do not think the lesser hybrids relays can handle safely with transformer set up. Seemed as though transformer was balancing neighbors at times. Lol
Do you think the mpp solar hybrids can do this ? Lvx6048
I beleive Lv 6048 is not hybrid must use battery and has built in transformer. Deyes 6k is nice 2mpps but must be split phase for me. Also I think each mpp has to be equal in k.

Deye is a nice inverter. One of the best available, in my opinion. (Can be used for split-phase with the same transformer) But, if you are not exporting to the grid or AC coupling. You are paying for unused features.
I plan to incorporate one or two into my system. In the last phase.

Reactions: Rho
I thought the whole point of a transformer was to get a neutral. Did I miss it on the output side?
The item on the far left of the drawing is the transformer.
And, he hasn't updated the drawing, yet. To show the neutral.

Reactions: Rho
Yes, still need conformation as to if it goes in service panel box along with grid nuetral. This drawing is for OFF GRID. Notice no grid input(ac in). The transfer switch totally removes inverter and allows for grid only usage.

Yes, still need conformation as to if it goes in service panel box along with grid nuetral. This drawing is for OFF GRID. Notice no grid input(ac in). The transfer switch totally removes inverter and allows for grid only usage.
Sorry for the confusion.

Good eye. This is Off grid only, no grid going to inverter. I am waiting for conformation of if transformer nuetral goes in service panel box label in drawing. I am not sure as of this. I removed drawings I do not want to confuse anyone. I am confused enough. Still learning.

Good eye. This is Off grid only, no grid going to inverter. I am waiting for conformation of if transformer nuetral goes in service panel box label in drawing. I am not sure as of this. I removed drawings I do not want to confuse anyone. I am confused enough. Still learning.
I have not used this wiring lay out.

Back