diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000 thinks batteries are full

newdimension

We have a Growatt 5000 SPF inverter with two Lithium Valley lithium 51.2V lithium batteries.

The inverter was configured by our installer but I don't think he did so correctly. The batteries' BMS isn't connected to the inverter, and the inverter seems to think the batteries are at 100% when they're actually at ~25%.

I'm going to attach screenshots of the Growatt configuration along with the charge specs of the batteries.
I would greatly appreciate help correcting the configuration.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.png
    2.png
    41.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 3.png
    3.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Charge specs.png
    Charge specs.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 30
Why do you say "it thinks it's at 100%?" Is something reporting 100%?

Your charge voltage is very low for LFP batteries. Recommend you change:

charging constant voltage point to 57.6 per the battery data.
float voltage point to 54.4V

Why do you say "it thinks it's at 100%?" Is something reporting 100%?

Your charge voltage is very low for LFP batteries. Recommend you change:

charging constant voltage point to 57.6 per the battery data.
float voltage point to 54.4V
The Growatt app is showing the batteries with a SoC of 100%. The batteries themselves show a SoC of 25%.

You can't trust the Growatt app ever unless it's communicating with the batteries.

Change the charge voltages, and battery SoC should increase to full/near full.
We're going to try to connect the batteries to the inverter so the BMS can communicate. For now my issue with Growatt thinking the batteries are at 100% is that I believe it stops charging the batteries. The batteries therefore aren't getting charged.

We're going to try to connect the batteries to the inverter so the BMS can communicate. For now my issue with Growatt thinking the batteries are at 100% is that I believe it stops charging the batteries. The batteries therefore aren't getting charged.

It things they're fully charged because it's only charging to 54V. If you make the changes, it should fix it.

Back