diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF6000T DVM not seeing panels

Philectric246

Hi All, I need some help, please. My Growatt SPF6000T-DVM is not seeing the panels. There are no panels displayed on the LCD screen and it is not charging form solar. According to the voltmeter there is 134v going to the pv input terminals. This has been the reading from the beginning. It was working one day and then it wasn't.

Power off, power on. Be mindful of the order of powering everything off/on. It seems to be an issue that arises from time to time with the spfxxxxt

Thanks for the reply, can you spell it out in a little more detail, please. I have turned it off and on a few times before. What order should I turn things on in? I am still new to this.

Generally, 1)turn off pv, 2)turn off growatt, 3)turn off battery and reverse operation 3,2,1 to turn on. I like to wait a little between steps. Mine does it just enough to be annoying. I am not aware of a fix.

Did it do all the beeping, stop outputting ac, and the screen go dark for a while? With 134v on the pv input it doesn't sound good. Maybe a breaker turned off? Loose connection? When installing the pv wires into the growatt, did someone loosen both screws? This can push the wires out of their place in the plastic terminal. Here's a video from watts247 on the issue, starts around 1:35.

Did it do all the beeping, stop outputting ac, and the screen go dark for a while? With 134v on the pv input it doesn't sound good. Maybe a breaker turned off? Loose connection? When installing the pv wires into the growatt, did someone loosen both screws? This can push the wires out of their place in the plastic terminal. Here's a video from watts247 on the issue, starts around 1:35.
Sorry for the late reply, the notification went in my junk mail. Anyway, that wasn't the problem, it seems like the charge controller has burned out. I don't know why but I need to get a new one. Thanks

Hi, when you installed your PV wires into the growatt, did you loosen the upper lugs screws, if so and you lossened the bottom and push to far up into the recepticle, it would have pushed the internal wires out of the sockets, that would then prevent Growatt from showing any PV array.. only loosen the lower/bottom lug screws of the PV wire sockets..

Hi All, I need some help, please. My Growatt SPF6000T-DVM is not seeing the panels. There are no panels displayed on the LCD screen and it is not charging form solar. According to the voltmeter there is 134v going to the pv input terminals. This has been the reading from the beginning. It was working one day and then it wasn't.
If you’re seeing 134 volts on the PV, it’s very likely at some point your voltage exceeded the 150 volt limit and took out the mppt board.

Hi everyone, I thought I had responded to this already. FYI it was the relays that connect the PV input to the charge controller board. Once the relays were changed everything was fine. I am not sure what caused the error but there was a time when the bms was shutting on and off the panels a lot because the battery was being overcharged. I have sensed adjusted the settings and there was also a fan error 01, so they could have overheated. It's working now. I think something is wrong with the battery. My solar system works flawlessly during the day but an hour or two after it switches to battery power some of my lights start dimming and the speed of the fans start to go up and down.

Thanks for all the support.

It would be great if you were to list the relay part numbers. It might help out some other members, like me, who have an intermittent issue with pv no see.

Back