diy solar

diy solar

Growatt To MQTT ( Home Assistant ) - Python Server / Script

hotnoob

im going to post this here as well cause i see a lot of threads about getting data from growatt to homeassistant here.

no internet connection required, no wifi stick.

---

Started this last night, because i wasn't able to find a working solution for my inverter. so... i made one.
I started with someone else's random code, and basically rewrote the whole thing. so its a whole new beast... and i thought i'd share it.

This allows you to plug your inverter into a server / computer / device with usb, and have it dish out it's information to Home Assistant via MQTT.
This works for my inverter, Growatt SFP 12000T. so if you have a growatt spf inverter roughly 2020 or newer. this will work right now.
I wrote it in a way that other protocols can also be added easily via csv files. if someone wants to, they can add the older protocols by copying the tables in the documentation, into the csv files.

tl;dr
works for latest model
older / newer models can be added with a bit of data entry
newer growatt inverter + usb cable + computer = fancy dashboard

attached is just a very quick dashboard in home assistant. no where near the limit of what you can view.

https://github.com/HotNoob/growatt2mqtt-hotnoob

installation instructions are in the repo; keep in mind i started this last night.
i'm running this on a vm running linux, but should also work on windows ( might need to find a driver ).
the usb port should show up as a serial port.

enjoy.

Attachments

• home assistant example2.png
    home assistant example2.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 4
Back