diy solar

diy solar

Guidance on Alibaba Trade Assurance, cells not shipped on time.

I just got a reply that the boat should hit the dock around 3/25. Assuming a couple weeks in customs, I'll be looking at about 80 days.

Patience is a virtue. :)

Process proceeding according to expectations :)
How do you track the ship?

Watch out for the next trick which is for the supplier to say its shipped but the tracking number comes up as not updated.
Well, today the agent messaged me today and said all 18 cells had been sent out to forwarder.
I had a similar issue with Seplos. They kept telling me the order was going to ship within a week twice and it never did. Once the shipping timer expired, I requested a refund and within 5 minutes Seplos responded saying they just gave the order to the forwarder, and then asked to revoke the refund. I simply said no, they had the chance to ship the product and failed. Took them over a week to give me the refund. Also Alibaba gave me some coupons for the trouble.

I ended up buying from Amy Wan instead. A lot cheaper, better cells, better communication, and shipped on time.
........exactly what Seplos just did to me........In any case, I stick with my deadline of 21-03-2024 and if there is no movement on shipment part, I will request for refund.

......At this stage, I am really wondering if Seplos has intention to deliver those cells or not.
Out of nowhere, I got a message from seller saying the forwarder is requesting for wooden box and I need to pay for that.
Not sure if this is a delaying tactics or attempt to wring more of my money or both.

In any case, the deadline of 21-03-2024 stands.

edit: NOT GOING TO PAY MORE.

edit2: Err.....seller suddenly said he will assume the cost of wooden box?

Last edited:
Out of nowhere, I got a message from seller saying the forwarder is requesting for wooden box and I need to pay for that.

How many cells did you order? How are they packing them? Normally it's four in each box. You didn't pay enough to get a pallet of cells so there's no reason they need to be in a wooden crate unless their packaging is awful.

*Edit: Ask for photos of your shipment and the packaging

Last edited:
Of course the wooden box will need to be made from certified termite proof wood. Very odd to have hazardous goods such as a battery boxed in wood.

I would get the refund request in sooner rather than later, at least 24hrs before the Alibaba deadline.

How many cells did you order? How are they packing them? Normally it's four in each box. You didn't pay enough to get a pallet of cells so there's no reason they need to be in a wooden crate unless their packaging is awful.

Ashley ordered 18 Cells which to the vendor is a signal of someone new... Sadly, that pretty much guarantees that at least 2 cells will be trashable and they get to dump them onto someone as they have already assumed 2 dud's in the bunch. This plays out an awful lot and very few actually pick up on it. But if you check on peoples threads where they ordered an extra cell or two, they always seem to "have to" use them because there is always an equal number of duds as there are extra cells ordered. Then we collect the "duds" up and make a franken batt.

18 cells total.
*Ah crap, I totally forgot to ask for pictures of the QR code on the cell and packaging yesterday.
+ I did requested seller to send me those pictures BEFORE they send the cells to forwarders and the seller didn't do so.
*Thanks for reminding me.

Ashley ordered 18 Cells which to the vendor is a signal of someone new... Sadly, that pretty much guarantees that at least 2 cells will be trashable and they get to dump them onto someone as they have already assumed 2 dud's in the bunch. This plays out an awful lot and very few actually pick up on it. But if you check on peoples threads where they ordered an extra cell or two, they always seem to "have to" use them because there is always an equal number of duds as there are extra cells ordered. Then we collect the "duds" up and make a franken batt.

......actually I do need two "duds" to make a fraken batt for my existing Sinopoly cells....

Thanks for this... looks like it's getting into Los Angeles on 3/19 instead of 3/25! :)

And it looks like it happened... UPS got the package 3/22, and it's scheduled for delivery today!

EDIT: Ordered 1/18, arrive 3/25.

67 days.

This is in large part due to JBD not having the BMS I ordered. Lost at least 19 days due to this. She substituted a 9th (spare) cell as there was a $3 difference between the BMS and the cell.

Last edited:
My shipment arrive today on the Final Day for trade assurance and that is only because the warehouse 500 miles away got snowed in last week which delayed it for 1 business day.

Update:
Seplos = 深圳市江洲国际物流有限公司
GobelPower = Gorgous Ocean International Logistics Co. LTD.

Both had sent my cells to freight forwarders......So....all I have to do is.....just wait?

Back