diy solar

diy solar

Haddock 12v lifepo4 100ah batteries? Anyone?

73powerstroke

Solar Enthusiast
I saw there for $179 on amazon . Since chins went back up and i need a few more im curious. Ill be going to 48v soon hopefully
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery 1280Wh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery 5000 Deep Cycle Battery Comes with BMS Environmentally Friendly Lithium-ion Battery https://a.co/d/aetS6WU

I saw there for $179 on amazon . Since chins went back up and i need a few more im curious. Ill be going to 48v soon hopefully
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery 1280Wh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery 5000 Deep Cycle Battery Comes with BMS Environmentally Friendly Lithium-ion Battery https://a.co/d/aetS6WU

Regarding all <$200 LFP 100Ah batteries:

Basically, if you're cool with the prospect of getting a battery without a BMS of any kind, or a BMS that lacks typical features, AND zero chance of a successful warranty claim after a couple months (really only DOA issues), then go for it. IMHO, these are being dumped on the market with no intention of returning (at least not as that company) after the initial batch is sold.

Unless it's a well known trusted brand/model, I wouldn't consider stringing bottom-of-the-barrel 12V into 48V. Even then a true 48V is a way better option. 4S 12V for 48V causes more than its fair share of problems.

Basically, if you're cool with the prospect of getting a battery without a BMS of any kind, or a BMS that lacks typical features, AND zero chance of a successful warranty claim after a couple months (really only DOA issues), then go for it. IMHO, these are being dumped on the market with no intention of returning (at least not as that company) after the initial batch is sold.

Unless it's a well known trusted brand/model, I wouldn't consider stringing bottom-of-the-barrel 12V into 48V. Even then a true 48V is a way better option. 4S 12V for 48V causes more than its fair share of problems.
I get it. I was hesitant on the 2 12v chins i got while they were on sale. I dont like to have 4 batteries in series at all. 2 24v but not 4x 12

Whats your thoughts on combining two different brand 24v batteries? I have a ampere time 24v 100ah lifepo4. I would geuss a newer li time 24v 100ah lifepo4 would be close. However this has no low temp protection.

Whats your thoughts on combining two different brand 24v batteries? I have a ampere time 24v 100ah lifepo4. I would geuss a newer li time 24v 100ah lifepo4 would be close. However this has no low temp protection.

It's all a hassle. When you do 4S 12V, you have the option of a balancer that will seek to keep the 4S 12V at the same voltage. I'm not aware of any that work that way with 2S 24V for 48V. If I had to choose between the two, 4S 12.8V is the lesser evil because I could use a balancer.

It's all a hassle. When you do 4S 12V, you have the option of a balancer that will seek to keep the 4S 12V at the same voltage. I'm not aware of any that work that way with 2S 24V for 48V. If I had to choose between the two, 4S 12.8V is the lesser evil because I could use a balancer.
Good to know! Im glad i asked. Think probably at this point I'm going to have to ride out the 24 volt for a while longer and then when I'm ready to jump I'll get a server Rack or a single 48 volt battery or I could just get two more of The Chins batteries they seem to be at least fairly reputable

Seems fishy to me
Well it is shipped by Amazon and lately the prices of other batteries not shipped by Amazon have been in this price range but I'm not saying that it's worth buying it or trustworthy or anything like that I'm just saying on Amazon the price of these batteries have been way cheaper than they were last year for example The Chins batteries that I just bought were $204

All joking aside I did see another one when I was looking at the haddock that was around the same price but actually had 380 decent reviews.

T
All joking aside I did see another one when I was looking at the haddock that was around the same price but actually had 380 decent reviews.
The djjibberish one ? Lol 😆 🤣
DJLBERMPW 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery 12V Lithium Batteries Built-in 100A BMS 1280W Power Trolling Motor Battery 4000+ Deep Cycle Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery for Solar,RV,Golf Cart,Off-Grid,Marine https://a.co/d/3chNYIg

diy solar

diy solar
Back