diy solar

diy solar

Oasesenergy 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery Any Good? $199 Amazon

cengell

Hello all, I been looking for a low cost 12v 100AH, Lithium battery for Astronomy equipment and on Amazon this week had an "Oasesenergy 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery" $199 + $16 ship. "Oasesenergy 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery, Deep Cycle Lithium Battery Built-in 100A BMS,Up to 15000 Cycles Perfect for RV Trip, Solar Off-Grid System, Backup Power, Camping,Trolling Motor"
  • Oasesenergy battery use durable ????? ???? instead of glue, it is truly 100% environmentally friendly, also more safe to use. The metal rack with handle make it easier to take our the battery from the case if necessary and our high quality aluminum shell cell is Clear at A Glance.
  • ⚡【???? ??????????? ??????? ???????】Oasesenergy Lithium Iron Phosphate battery adopts 4 grade A cells, built-in 100A BMS with higher energy density greater power and more stable and more safe.Built-in high temp and low-temp cut-off prevents irreversible damage. It is allowed to working on -20℃~55 ℃,and charging on -5℃~55 ℃

But what I really liked was it's not sealed, but you can remove a few screws and remove the battery and even there listing says you can even remove the cells/BMS to see the quality, I find that cool as if the BMS dies or I want to add a Bluetooth Battery monitor it would seam easy? Of all of these 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Batterys have this feature as all of the other by opening them up the warranty is void, where here if there is an issue easy to remove and test each cell and or replace the BMS?

I ordered it and next week do some testing, but can't find anything here or on Google, so maybe a small company in China?

Anyone heard or know of this battery?

Thanks
Christopher

No idea if its a good battery but here is a link in case someone wants to look at it.

The reason I'm putting a direct link is amazon kept changing the name to oasis energy when I tried searching for it. I had to put it in with quotes around the name to stop it from changing it.

Ohhh it comes apart so you can look inside. I didn't notice that at first. I likes :)

No glue, no hiding stuff. This one has promise !

No idea if its a good battery but here is a link in case someone wants to look at it.

The reason I'm putting a direct link is amazon kept changing the name to oasis energy when I tried searching for it. I had to put it in with quotes around the name to stop it from changing it.
Thanks, I was not 100% sure links are allowed. I should have it on Tuesday and will report back and pics and will be doing some testing...Looking forward to this..

Christopher

As long as its not affiliate links aka the ones you get paid for then its ok.

I may buy one just because it can be taken apart easily.

Not finding it on Amazon?

I suspect that 15000 cycles is a typo and supposed to be 1500 and avg for 100Ah is 2000.

They say it can charge at -5?

That is below freezing and could result in cell damage.

I would need to see the full specs to say more.

ADDED:

From their listing "Oasesenergy 12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Lithium battery can be recycled up to ????~??????"

Yeah no, avg would be 2000 and no way you are getting 150000 or even 15000.

Last edited:

15000 cycles is low for LFP and they say it can charge at -5?

15000 cycles is not low in fact its astronomically high for most batteries. Only a very few advertise 15k cycles.

Your enjoybot battery is listed as 5000 cycles to 80% discharge.

15000 cycles is not low in fact its astronomically high for most batteries. Only a very few advertise 15k cycles.

Your enjoybot battery is listed as 5000 cycles to 80% discharge.
I meant it looked like a typo.

I suspect that is supposed to be 1500 and avg for 100Ah is 2000.

Since it has prismatic cells it should be able to do 3000 to 5000 easy enough if treated decent.

I suspect that 15000 cycles is a typo and supposed to be 1500 and avg for 100Ah is 2000.

They say it can charge at -5?

Since it has Low Temp cutoff, it should not let it charge a low, I think 32 F Degrees and shut off, I will be testing that being in Chicago and I am hoping if there is some room to add some insulation when I am using it outside at those temps and colder.

Update soon...
Christopher

Did you post a link in the first post of the thread? I see the one you just posted but there isn't one in the first post just info about it.
I was not 100% sure that posting a link was ok, many forums don't let links.

Since it has Low Temp cutoff, it should not let it charge a low, I think 32 F Degrees and shut off, I will be testing that being in Chicago and I am hoping if there is some room to add some insulation when I am using it outside at those temps and colder.

Update soon...
Christopher
Nice thing about that battery you can test the low temp shutoff on charging yourself if you want. Really cool it can be taken apart !

Nice thing about that battery you can test the low temp shutoff on charging yourself if you want. Really cool it can be taken apart !
Yeah that's 1 more reason I got it, as I really did not want to open another 12v 100AH and then not have a warranty? So I hope there's room for some insulation???

I am looking forward getting it and posting pics.

Christopher

Yeah that's 1 more reason I got it, as I really did not want to open another 12v 100AH and then not have a warranty? So I hope there's room for some insulation???

I am looking forward getting it and posting pics.

Christopher
I for one am looking for to see the pics.

I for one am looking for to see the pics.
I mean the quality of the Cells & BMS is top reason as what's the point buying a $200 or $200 or $400 12v 100AH if it's low grade cells, yes this shows Grade A cells but from what I read here no way! But Grade B good grade? I will do a few charging and discharging but I don't have something a good or nice as Will has, but I can discharge 10 amps for how long I set the voltage for like 12.00 I think will be my cutoff? So I hope to get 80 amps and maybe more like 50-60 AMPs..Not sure on the return policy as I sent customer service asking that and what will they do over the next 5 years?

Christopher

If you don't like the output you can always change them out over time since its workable on easily.

Well sad news, the cells are glued in the bottom of the case so they lied about it being a metal frame, so I sent an email to them letting the know about the design change. This pissed me off as it's sold as a removable battery and they kept the same case so it's easy to change the BMS but not the cells :cry:

This is the issue in China someone want's to cut the cost and changes the design and sells the item as what it was. The top is easy to remove and looks like if I had to guess 8 AWG single wire from the top connectors, but not being easy to replace or remove the cells not sure if I will keep it now. I did get a spec sheet for the cells and I was told which BMS they use so that was not common as in the past when I ask for battery spec sheet I don't get anything but they told me they make the cells?

So I am charging it now and will start some 10 amp discharging to 11.9v and see what the current is a few times and see what it outputs..

More to come.

P.S just before I finished this update I just heard back and they wanted a a few pics, so we will see...

Glue might not be to hard to dislodge if needed. Heat alone might do it. Not a plus for them with anything I said but a possible solution if needing to replace the cells.

Back