diy solar

diy solar

Have 1x Jakiper, Internal Communication with Other Brands?

ExoticIntent

I have one Jakiper JK48V100PRO connected to my MPP LV6548. I have them communicating via the Pylontech protocol.

Is it possible to use another, albeit very similar, battery brand and still have internal communication between the batteries?

These two batteries are very similar:
Solar Power Store Battery
SOK Battery

Would these be able to communicate via the RS485 ports with the existing Jakiper battery in the same bank?

Additionally, if this is not possible, is internal communication between batteries in the same bank very important?

Thanks

jakiper and SOK seem to using the same BMS, but of course the firmware may be different...
why not buy the same battery and get a guaranteed working solution ?

I would like to, and ideally still will. However, the official Jakiper dealer in Canada has recently created their own branded nearly identical battery and Jakiper has been largely out of stock since.

I would like to, and ideally still will. However, the official Jakiper dealer in Canada has recently created their own branded nearly identical battery and Jakiper has been largely out of stock since.
ok, so is the dealer using jakiper rebranded batteries ?
contact them and tell them you want it to work together, or order directly from jakiper's website

I have contacted them, they are saying it "might not work" but that it's "not required". I understand that it's not necessarily required for proper operations, but it's nice to have for diagnostics.
Thanks for the help

I have contacted them, they are saying it "might not work" but that it's "not required". I understand that it's not necessarily required for proper operations, but it's nice to have for diagnostics.
Thanks for the help
not required by them, but it is by you :)
tell them that, if they still dont want the order ; jakiper website, or drop an email to jakiper support that since they started selling their own brand , jakipers are always out of stock

Back