diy solar

diy solar

Have I broken it - Sunsynk woes

Rickster1978

So I’m back again with some questions. The main one being ‘have I managed to break something’!

So the story starts yesterday morning when I needed to charge the car using the granny cable (in a socket in the main garage board, wired into the house CU).

I didn’t want to drain the battery so I changed some settings in the inverter settings to not allow the battery to drop below 50% from 11:45 yesterday morning. My thinking here was that the battery usage would cut out and the car would start charging from the grid. It was an octopus app scheduled charge so all at 7.5p.

This seemed to work but I got a weird app notification that disappeared as soon as I opened it saying something along the lines that the inverter had been disconnected from the grid. Didn’t think much of it as I assumed it was linked in to me charging and would all return to normal later.

Nothing was ever normal again…

The Inverter is no longer detecting AC power. I’ve checked and nothing has tripped. I’ve also put the electrical ‘sniffer’ on the live input to the inverter (into the grid input) and it’s beeping so there is a live feed going in.

I disconnected everything for an hour and then powered the AC back up and the blue light came on the side of the inverter. I switched it on at the side and nothing happened. The 4 lights on the front flicker on and then back off again. The lights on the dongle also come on but there is no screen display.

I’ve not turned the battery power back on yet but I know that will bring the screen back on but won’t show the AC light.

I’ve tried calling Sunsynk today but just got a voicemail full message so keen to see if there are any suggestions.

The CT clamp is currently on the live immediately coming out of the meter which is before the Henly that splits the inverter one way and the home (including charging granny cable) the other. Could the CT location have caused an issue?

Is there a fuse in the inverter itself that could have blown. I’ve checked all other fuses / rcd and nothing had tripped. The fact that there is still power going into the inverter backs up that none of the CU fuses have blown.

I’ve attached some images below which may assist.

IMG_5378.jpeg

This shows the screen when the grid power had gone and shows the battery powering the inverter.

55884E33-BBAA-4EED-8622-FF4AF202CE5B.jpeg
These are the timer slots. I previously changed 11:45 - 17:00 and 17:00 - 23:30 to a SOC of 50% (battery was at 48% at the time).

IMG_5393.jpeg

And the basic layout is above. Happy to share any other images that may assist.

The basic layout of the system is:

DNO Meter
Henley
Small CU in meter box with fuse
12m (6mm) armoured to garage
Garage CU for inverter with fuse and rcbo
AC Isolator
Inverter

There is then a DC isolator and then into the Seplos battery pack.

There is no solar as it’s a battery only setup.

Have previously shared images of the set up and seems to be ok.

Attachments

• IMG_5393.jpeg
    IMG_5393.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 2
Back