diy solar

diy solar

Have I got this right? (wind turbine)

I own both a Proven 6 and an Evance, both have paid for themselves, the Proven many times over.

Perhaps you'd like to backup your "with some confidence I can state that that there is no residential ..." opinion with some data ?
Many times over? oy vey

This Proven?

It was a simple question that I asked first.

It should be easy enough to take your experiences and break it down. I don't mind eating crow and as soon as you provide data I'll get out my fork.

Please reply with:
-Total Installed Cost of the turbines
-Maintenance costs since installed
-Uptime
-Off grid or on grid
-Grid Energy cost
-Generator kWh cost
-Monthly production data since they been installed

Trustpilot reviews told me everthing I need to know about Tesup! Including the obvious fake 5* reviews...

A 6kW Kingspan might do the business, but I think these are £30k....

"Proven (apart from the 15kW) (now Kingspan)"

I'm not going to waste my time proving your opinion to be incorrect, your WT knowledge is very obviously derived from Google.

A lot of the bad reviews for all these cheaper turbines are due to poor production rather than reliability issues . But yea solar is usual a better bet
I don't disagree, and they'll only ever produce anywhere near their rated outputs (briefly) in winds strong enough to structurally destroy them.

"Proven (apart from the 15kW) (now Kingspan)"

I'm not going to waste my time proving your opinion to be incorrect, your WT knowledge is very obviously derived from Google.

Shoot, I was hoping for meaningful conversation, not a link to a wave power installation.

Is it too much to much to ask for a screen shot showing what your turbine produced last month?

Just found a chap in the UK (sustainableorange) who has put some vids up on YT about his Tesup experience. Bought a 4kw vertical model which rusted and developed a shaft wobble within 6 weeks... Not sure it generated a single watt. He's now got a Magnum 5 horizontal to try...

Looking at an Istabreeze 2000w turbine, a 6m/s wind speed gives you about 250W, so this sounds a lot more realistic. 2000W needs a full on gale!

Looking at an Istabreeze 2000w turbine, a 6m/s wind speed gives you about 250W, so this sounds a lot more realistic. 2000W needs a full on gale!

You have a tool to be used as a bullshit detector.

1679336008634.png

1679336029115.png

130W vs. 250W claimed

I don't call this closer. I call it another lie.

Shoot, I was hoping for meaningful conversation, not a link to a wave power installation.

Is it too much to much to ask for a screen shot showing what your turbine produced last month?
Still waiting for that data but no hurry, take all the time you need. And, please, disclose your financial interest in any of the turbines you've offered as winners. The last person that took a shot at me turned out to be a wind turbine manufacturer and hasn't been back since they were asked to supply data.

You have a tool to be used as a bullshit detector.

View attachment 140488

View attachment 140489

130W vs. 250W claimed

I don't call this closer. I call it another lie.
Thanks for the info. I can see why big is better when it comes to wind turbines! I may have a read up on fieldlines and have a play at making some, just for fun!

Hello, I am new here. Still searching for proper information about Wind turbine. We have device for measuring the speed and strength of the wind placed in the backyard- for one year, the indicators are good.
I have stopped on TESUP ATLAS 7. Do you have any observations and suggestions about this model, is it worth it or do you have other recommendations? Saw that the information from users of TESUPs is not that good, but are there better options? We have stopped on the wind turbines, because for the region we are living this is a better option, than solar panels.
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Hello, I am new here. Still searching for proper information about Wind turbine. We have device for measuring the speed and strength of the wind placed in the backyard- for one year, the indicators are good.
I have stopped on TESUP ATLAS 7. Do you have any observations and suggestions about this model, is it worth it or do you have other recommendations? Saw that the information from users of TESUPs is not that good, but are there better options? We have stopped on the wind turbines, because for the region we are living this is a better option, than solar panels.
Thanks in advance!!

TESUP are pure garbage.

Did you read this post?

I certainly wouldnt buy a small scale wind turbine, but since I had the opportunity to built one myself I decided it would be an interesting project. Even at that I have spent many hours on design and building, and several hundred dollars in parts and equipment just on the turbine itself. It runs mainly in the late fall, winter and early spring months, after that, just occasional thunderstorms with high winds over the summer. Those batteries are backed up with 100w panels to maintain a charge. It was down for the summer (no real wind anyway), getting the redesigned rain shield installed, but is now back up, waiting on the wind change which comes in October.

Back