diy solar

diy solar

Have I killed my lifepo4 batteries

I thought that the Victron mppt’s are ‘self learning’ and auto adjusts to the battery voltage. That is why one always connects the battery to the mppt first and then the pv panels. Should there be a battery disconnect with the pv’s still connected the older Victron units will revert to factory setting.

I thought that the Victron mppt’s are ‘self learning’ and auto adjusts to the battery voltage.

Only when new or after reset to factory defaults. They autosense the first time they are connected to a battery. Once set, they stay set until changed or reset to factory defaults.

That is why one always connects the battery to the mppt first and then the pv panels. Should there be a battery disconnect with the pv’s still connected the older Victron units will revert to factory setting.

This hasn't been the case for some time. Reverting to factory settings can only be done manually. No combination of battery/pv connect/disconnect can cause a factory reset.

Victron MPPT can power resistive loads powered purely by PV - even without a battery installed.

Last edited:
Back