diy solar

diy solar

Heat pump wired to Deye hybrid inverter

carniola

Hello,

I plan to install an 11.9kw solar power plant with a 20.45kwh battery soon. Inverter will be Deye Hybrid inverter, 12kw.

I have a question about the connection of a heat pump to an inverter. I use a 15kw heat pump for heating my house, which I intend to connect to the GEN port (as smart load port, always on grid, battery off at 50%).

I wonder if a 12kw inverter is powerful enough for a 15kw heat pump.

Thank you

15 kW is probably the rated heat output of your heat pump, not it's rated input power. Verify the actual numbers from the datasheet.

Maybe,
If you don't plan to run anything else, at the same time.
But as stated above, verify what it draws.
15kw draw would be a huge heat pump.

I suspect he means a heat pump rated at a 15 kw output.
15kw of heat output is about 50 kbtus of heat.
If your COP, or whatever the efficiency multiplier factor is called, is 3x, then your heat pump should require 5kw to run it. So that should work. Start up amps maybe a problem, so that needs to be checked.

I suspect he means a heat pump rated at a 15 kw output.
15kw of heat output is about 50 kbtus of heat.
If your COP, or whatever the efficiency multiplier factor is called, is 3x, then your heat pump should require 5kw to run it. So that should work. Start up amps maybe a problem, so that needs to be checked.
We can only answer the questions that are asked.
The wrong questions will always receive the wrong answers.

Hello,

I plan to install an 11.9kw solar power plant with a 20.45kwh battery soon. Inverter will be Deye Hybrid inverter, 12kw.

I have a question about the connection of a heat pump to an inverter. I use a 15kw heat pump for heating my house, which I intend to connect to the GEN port (as smart load port, always on grid, battery off at 50%).

Thank you
The simple answer is most likely NO and if non inverter type heat pump definitely NO. You might be able to start it with grid assist.

15Kw is 4 ton or 48K BTU's. Most likely over 40A at 230V. Non inverter type start up surge will be higher than 40A. 12K divided by 230 = 52A available

Inverter type heat pump you might be able to run it.

What heat pump? Inverter type? LRA nameplate?

With a 20Kwh battery, if heat pump draws 5Kw continuous running, that is less than 4 hours run time depending on heat load. The 20Kwh battery might be able to handle the surge of starting a non inverter heat pump.

Uhhh… soory for incomplete question.

Heat pump is Fujitsu SWHP, outdoor unit WOYK150LJL, AC power 400 V 50 Hz, max current 14.0A.

inverter is Deye SUN-12/-SG01HP3-EU-AM2. Max discharging current 37A, Rated AC Input/Output Active Power (W) 1200, Max. AC Input/Output Apparent Power (VA) 13200, Rated AC Output Current (A) 17.4 (max 19.2), Max. Three-phase Unbalanced Output Current (A) 25, Max. Continuous AC Passthrough (grid to load) (A) 80.

Reactions: Zwy
Hello,

Thank you
Not in off-grid mode, on pass through maybe.
If you have a grid connection, it is better to connect your heat pump to your grid connection.
Then you set zero export to ct , it will use the max of the deye, and grid for the remainder and inrush

Last edited:
I would say yes to the 15 kW pump as a smart load regarding the Deye 12K specs with passthrough of 45A per phase from grid to load or gen port in on-grid mode. Momentarily, in off-grid mode, for pump startup Deye can withstand enough to get it started. Gen port can be used for stupid air conditioner. Heat pumps are more clever nowadays and can be controlled over internet.

Back