diy solar

diy solar

Help deciphering display on eg4 PowerPro battery

Joe_

Below is a photo of the display of a EG4 PowerPro battery that I have in storage.

SOC on the lcd display shows 55%. At the same time there are 3 led’s in a separate display next to the lcd with the 25%, 50%,75% led’s illuminated.
This display is not mentioned in the literature and there is no information I can find on how to interpret it. I’m assuming that because 55% soc shown on the lcd is higher than the value of the 50 % led, the 75 % led is illuminated? But I am not completely certain since I am new to these and have not put them online yet. Is my assumption correct?

My plan is to check the SOC monthly while stored and charge the battery when it reaches 25%. Is this best practice for these batteries when they are stored?
Also is 86 degrees too high a temperature to store these off line at?
Thanks
Joe

1714870930055.jpeg

How would I do that?
Do I need to hook up my laptop after loading the correct software? Is that more accurate or is there a better way? Battery looks pretty well sealed up.

The manual has all the answers to your questions. Download the latest from EG4, they are regularly updated.

The display will show you individual cell voltages. My first one is the same 55%, I assumed the “75” means “between 50 and 75 percent”.

Got it. The downloaded manual was the same as the one I had.
Missed the instructions on getting to the cell voltages because the manual has some mistakes in it.
Once I knew the information was there it was painless to locate it in the manual. It had been pushed into the next section probably during editing..
A menu tree added to the manual would be helpful.
So would an explanation of how you immediately return to the cell voltage screen once it times out. I ended up on a different page and had difficulty getting the display to stop toggling between the main page and this new page. Never did figure out why it eventually took me back to the individual cell voltage page. But it finally did after a few unsuccessful attempts.

Cell voltages were very close still. They were close enough that it looked like the bms was able to balance them while I was fussing around the 2 cell voltage screens comparing voltages.
I have zero experience with bms’s so maybe that isn’t what I saw.

If the voltages had not been very close what do you do to correct that?
Do you just leave the battery on until it corrects itself or do you put a charge on it?

I am planning to turn these batteries on and check them monthly.
That’s what I have done until now.
From what I have read online, I believe I should wait till the SOC falls below 50% then parallel the batteries and charge them to at least 90 %.
Is that what people here have found to work best? Or is there a better way to keep them healthy?

Last edited:
Back