diy solar

diy solar

New EG4 PowerPro Battery Voltages Match. Connect and use?

meltdowndave

No onsite power until the electrical service is installed and/or the first PV array goes up.

Both batteries are an identical 52.74 volts and 55% SOC.

Parallel and start testing the system or wait until my EG4 charger arrives and first top balance each battery separately with a generator?

I would wait. If you parallel, then one battery may charge the other without limit. Risk is minimal.

If you apply charging voltage when you parallel, then you have limited current going into the batteries as they equalize.

No onsite power until the electrical service is installed and/or the first PV array goes up.

Both batteries are an identical 52.74 volts and 55% SOC.

Parallel and start testing the system or wait until my EG4 charger arrives and first top balance each battery separately with a generator?
Yep parallel and start using them, they will be fine.

I would wait. If you parallel, then one battery may charge the other without limit. Risk is minimal.

If you apply charging voltage when you parallel, then you have limited current going into the batteries as they equalize.
Eh ? 🤔

Current will flow between unequal voltages. If they are both at the same voltage, nothing will happen. Hook them up and go.

Back