diy solar

diy solar

Help needed Inverter power issue

gold64bond

I need help what is going on / wrong
This is my current system
4x 12V 100W Renogy Solar panels Mono @ 24V 2 x EPever 40A charge controllers 4x 24DC Walmart Deep cycle batteries 24V 3000 W Reliable Pure Sine wave inverter 24V 30qt Freezer that stays on 24/7 - Just got a 24V timer I plan on running freezer 6 hr on 6hr off
Pyle 240 Watt 24V to 12V Inverter / converter that goes to 12 bank Fuse box
I am using Pure Copper 4 GA on the batteries and 4X 6GA pure copper to the Inverter

I can run Grinder - 1/2 Hammer drill - 22" TV 2 x 100 watt shop/spot lights off my Inverter all at the same time with NO ISSUE in full sunlight
I bought a Ninja 1,700W Air Fryer and it barely turns on you can hear the fan ever so slightly
I plugged in a my 1.5HP Bench grinder - My Dewalt Grinder and 1/2 Drill they ran with no issue
I took the Ninja air fryer plugged into the House outlet and cooked several meals no issue
Plugged back into my camper solar - inverter and again nothing it barely makes the fan turn What is going on ?

Dec 1st 2023 I am adding 2x 24DC Batteries from walmart same as I have which are only 1 month old
Jan 1st 2024 I am adding 2x 24DC Batteries the same for a total of 8 x 24DC Batteries at 24V
Feb I will be adding 4X Renogy 12V 100W Mono Solar panels

Any advice / suggestions what is wrong ?
I don't understand how it can power all my tools at once TV - 12V fans Lights and not power the air fryer ??
I even turned off the power to the 24 to 12V inverter and Turned off my 24V Freezer

I live in a Camper I will add photos later - I need to start cooking with my solar panels - inverter to save Propane Cost using it mostly for Heat only
YES my panels are clean I clean them once a week and every day it snows I have a special made brush to brush off and use -30 degrees windshield cleaner to help keep Ice and snow off the panels gold64bond@yahoo.com

Any advice / suggestions what is wrong ?

Walmart batteries are not the best choice. The cheapest, yes. Nowhere near the best. 2S4P should handle most things.

VERY important that when your 24V system is at absorption (peak) voltage, all 12V are very nearly identical.

I don't understand how it can power all my tools at once TV - 12V fans Lights and not power the air fryer ??

Your PSW inverter may be just slightly off on its waveform, voltage or frequency, and the electronics of the air fryer are not happy. i have the 24V/2000W version, and i have no complaints. I never encountered anything it wouldn't run that it should have run power/surge-wise. It handled a 1000W microwave (1600W draw) perfectly, but it didn't handle my 3/4hp jet pump (800W run, 4000W surge), but I didn't expect it to.

I even turned off the power to the 24 to 12V inverter and Turned off my 24V Freezer

I live in a Camper I will add photos later - I need to start cooking with my solar panels - inverter to save Propane Cost using it mostly for Heat only
YES my panels are clean I clean them once a week and every day it snows I have a special made brush to brush off and use -30 degrees windshield cleaner to help keep Ice and snow off the panels gold64bond@yahoo.com

An instant pot is absurdly efficient. We have three one big and one small... Last one with the Sous Vide and airfryer options.

Hi Thanks - The Inverter is a Reliable they are some of the best built with great service My 12V 3,000 still works great
and it's nearly 16 years old. I Bought the 24V 4 years ago used little until this past summer
All the Batteries are the same bought the same time Cheap Yes when you only get 800 a month average 300 on food 300 on fuel moving about insurance and propane refill it is what it is All the more reason I need to figure out why it's not working
How ever I do understand that it may not like the waveform being that it is digital and all I did forget about that issue Thanks for reminder
----> SO Im going to try other cooking electronics Microwave - toaster oven etc... Non Digital ones and see what happens
I will be back Sunday / Monday with an Update Odd it don't affect my HD 1080 TV DVD laptops tablets But you never know
Maybe I will reach out to Ninja Service Rep and see what they say ? can't hurt

Back