diy solar

diy solar

Help required to estimate VOC of panel strings compatible with inverter

Secondly, as shown in attachment, yesterday, it was over caste, cloudy day. I noticed that around 11 am, the system reached 5330 W (Installed capacity is 5220 W). Since, the panels are bifacial, I guess, due to scattering, the panels were producing from lower side as well.
The gain could also be on top side due to cloud lensing , and there could be some gain from being cold.

IOW the power can exceed nameplate on a monofacial too since the specs are not a hard limit. If you moved a solar panel to a closer orbit around the sun it will generate more (assuming it stays at normal temp).

I believe white rocks or gravel are standard ways to try to help out bifacial. That gives diffuse scatter which may be better across more hours of the day than a reflector at a constant angle. Also you need to keep the maintenance overhead in mind, and the fact that solar panels are really cheap anyway.

I have not worked with bifacial, but very good point that if it delivers extra current, expect somewhat higher voltage!
(If data sheets quote added wattage from bifacial, do they quite added voltage?)

Back