diy solar

diy solar

Help with connecting multiple homemade batteries with bms’s to Growatt inverters!?

Oz-is

I used 96- 3.2v 25ah Lifepo4 Topband Prismatic cells to make 6 sets of 16s3p (48v) batteries and used Li-ion/Lifepo4 100a BMS on them. I only have one port per inverter to connect a single bms to.
How do i connect all 6 of the batteries and and future batteries I plan to build to my inverters using that one port?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Oz

I used 96- 3.2v 25ah Lifepo4 Topband Prismatic cells to make 6 sets of 16s3p (48v)
The 96 cells don't add up:

16S3P are 3 separate 16S batteries connected in parallel using 3 16S BMSs. (48 cells total).
Even if you mean 3P16S battery, which is 48 cells. 6 sets of these is 288 cells.

Do you have 6 batteries that are each 16S (16 cells in series)? That would be 96 cells but would require 6 16S BMSs.

Happen to have a pic?

MisterSandals,
Yes to your last question, 16 cells per battery. I’m no expert just going off of what I read and 1 bms per battery-6 total. The question is how do I connect all 6 battery bms’s to function properly with only one bms port on my inverter?

The bms work independently of the inverter. Some can communicate and tell the inverter status and charge voltage. You can use voltage mode to charge / discharge batteries and use a shunt to get overall soc estimate. Solar Assistant may be able to help.

Back