diy solar

diy solar

Help with SOK towers

italianpianoman

I just set up 2 racks with 5 batteries each. Each rack is connected to my Sol-ark 15k with 2/0 wire. The bottom left battery won't top off at 100%. It stays at 99% and now I'm seeing the CC go up just on that one. How do I balance them?

Also could all 10 batteries be connected on a single parallel line or should I keep each tower on its own?

Does it matter that I'm using both terminal points? I saw one YouTuber connect all the positives and negatives in a straight vertical line rather than alternating. Thoughts?

Attachments

• PXL_20231030_182201229.jpg
    PXL_20231030_182201229.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
I would pull each of those batteries terminals out with number two wire out to a bus bar. Make sure that the home run wires are wired such that the positive taps in that one end of the bus bar and the negative taps in at the other end of the opposite busbar.

Each of those racks home run wires should land on a bus bar terminal and the inverter should feed off of that same set of bus bars.

One set of bus bars in each rack plus one set of bus bars on the wall for the racks and the inverters to be connected

I would pull each of those batteries terminals out with number two wire out to a bus bar. Make sure that the home run wires are wired such that the positive taps in that one end of the bus bar and the negative taps in at the other end of the opposite busbar.

Each of those racks home run wires should land on a bus bar terminal and the inverter should feed off of that same set of bus bars.

One set of bus bars in each rack plus one set of bus bars on the wall for the racks and the inverters to be connected
I've never seen this setup before. Do you have pics or how the busbars would look?

That diagonal wiring pattern is fine. I would keep the two towers separate as long as the wiring lengths are the same. That way if you need to service one tower your system won’t be down.

I’m not sure worrying about 99% vs 100% is worth it.

Back