diy solar

diy solar

Help

KennyF

I'm new to Solar and have a 20x20 off grid cabin and would like to add more panels. I have 4-Lg 280-watt panels with VOC 38.80 and ISC 9.33 using a EPEVER Tracer 4215BN 40A 24-volt 150V. I have 8 100Amp hour Redodo Batties set up for 24 volt 3000 watt inverter.
I would like to add two more LG 280 panels and change over to a all-in-one inverter charger that can handle all six panels and batties.
If someone can give me any suggestions on a good 24 volt unit to use.
Thanks for the help

Curious what your current inverter is?

Why the move to AIO instead of just a larger charge controller?

For your scenario here, just getting an 80A charge controller would do it. Feed it with 2 strings of 3 panels.

Curious what your current inverter is?

Why the move to AIO instead of just a larger charge controller?

For your scenario here, just getting an 80A charge controller would do it. Feed it with 2 strings of 3 panels.
I think my inverter is going bad, it's making a ticking noise and just wanting to be ready. Also change to one I can use with a service panel instead of cords running around.

The Growatt 3kw has been pretty tried & trued unit for a long time, and can take 2kw+ in panels. You can re-use your existing SCC for more panels when you get over your limit.

The PowMr is a SRNE rebadge. SRNE has a license to use Voltronic patents, along with their own, but they build their own units. I have been running the one Mr SE linked to. It has been without problems now for about 8 months. It could be set up with the 6 panels in series since it has a 450Voc ability (needs 120vDC minimum to operate) which simplifies things for your array.

I have a review of it in the AIO Forum somewhere from last year. Please understand that I do not endorse any equipment. Do your own research before making a design decision.

The PowMr is a SRNE rebadge. SRNE has a license to use Voltronic patents, along with their own, but they build their own units. I have been running the one Mr SE linked to. It has been without problems now for about 8 months. It could be set up with the 6 panels in series since it has a 450Voc ability (needs 120vDC minimum to operate) which simplifies things for your array.

I have a review of it in the AIO Forum somewhere from last year. Please understand that I do not endorse any equipment. Do your own research before making a design decision.
Thanks for the info.

Back