diy solar

diy solar

Honeywell Li-on Tamer

peakbagger

Solar Enthusiast
I did a CEU course yesterday by a division of Honeywell regarding various fire detection systems. They have a method early detection of Lithium Ion battery fires using a detector that detects the electrolyte offgassing that inevitably occurs before the battery goes into self destruction. They had a lot of third party testing that showed that it responses quite quickly in time to avoid a runaway batter. It unfortunately does not save the battery as the electolyte has already started off gassing but it catches an event before its major damage to the surroundings. They call the product the Li-on Tamer> My experience with Honeywell over the years is the suff is never cheap but good to see there is some tech out there for big batteries.

Are the 3 major Li-ion battery type outgases handled by this product?

Is there an electrical interface to this detector or does it just beep?

The claim was any Lithium Ion battery with liquid electrolyte would generate the gas type they are "sniffing". I didnt take notes.

The sensor was definitely integrated into a system that shuts down the battery.

They were supposed to send participants some follow up (including a one hour PDH) after the course. So far I have not got it but if I do I will try to supply more info.

Back