diy solar

diy solar

How do I connect a Growatt SPF 5K ES to a Deye Sun 5K on the GEN port

Spanish Flyer

Hi to all and Merry Christmas!!
I have a grid connected (230V 50Hz EU) Growatt SPF 5000ES and have just purchased a DEYE 5000 Sun. The growatt is doing fine, with 8 x 455W panels and 7 Pylontech Batteries (6 x US3000C and 1 x US5000). Now I want to feed the DEYE with the outlet of my Growatt, but not sure where to connect it. I have the option to plug it to Deye's LOAD terminal or to the GEN terminal.
The DEYE will handle 14 x 455W panels when I have them installed, but right now it is only connected to 4 x 455W panels as a temporary solution.
If I connect the Growatt SPF OUTLET to the GEN terminal on the DEYE, how do I configure the DEYE in such a way that both inverters work together delivering their power to the batteries and or grid, depending on the panel production? I don't want the DEYE to take the Growatt as a backup, that only delivers its production when the DEYE has low batteries and or no sun; they must both work as a team, adding power to my home at all times.
And another question that is bugging me... is it a good idea to join all batteries and feed both inverters as one battery pack via busbars and from there two cables to each inverter battery terminals?
Thanks a lot.
SpanishFlyer

Back