diy solar

diy solar

How to AC couple Enphase IQ8 w/Battery Storage to Schneider XW Pro 6848 w/rack batteries, off-grid?

Ok, I found the firmware section, but it is list two. I'm assuming I should be ok, let me know.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 6.01.25 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 6.01.25 PM.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 7
I am using IQ7s with no issues. I have heard there are issues AC coupling IQ8s and a search of threads here may help to discover the solutions.
I should have stayed with the 7s, but sunk too much $$$ into 8s at this point.

EG4 is similar, but has some surprises.
The surprises I found were that unless I had enough load, the AC coupling would not work when the grid was down. I tested it one time when the battery was at 60% SOC which meant that the pack was drawing 6kW as load and AC coupling worked fine.

I'm looking to do something similar, how do you find those settings? my system was installed in Feb/2024. I'm looking to DYI my batteries.

I'm going to use either a 18kpv or Sol15, how did you connect the PV to the enverter?
With these two systems, they recommend using the generator connection to connect the AC coupled PV

I have a Schneider system. The Schneider has no provisions for connecting the AC Coupled to the generator input. For a Schneider system the AC Coupled Solar is connected to the Loads. I have done some additional testing since my last comments on here. My AC coupling is all working correctly now on the IQ8s. Sol Ark and EG4 use the generator port because they can control the relay and shed the AC coupled PV when required to prevent over charging. They also use frequency shifting, but that may not always react quickly enough. The biggest down side to this is the Schneider can't really track your AC coupled solar production. All it can see is the net Import/Export power from your loads panel. I only use this AC coupled mode to allow solar production when the grid is down as an emergency back up.

I am not sure what settings you are referring to, but the firmware version is found on the devices tab of "Enlighten Manager". If Enphase has not already updated your Microinverter firmware you can request that they do it.

Because Schneider has no way to control the the AC coupled solar. I built my own PV shedding controller. The link is here is you are interested.
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/building-a-pv-shedding-controller-for-ac-coupled-solar.80666/

diy solar

diy solar
Back