diy solar

diy solar

How to add a single string to my growatt inverter?

Big Noodle

Morning all,

I have recently had a PV with battery Growatt system installed. The system has 13 x JA 380w solar panels (JAM72S03 360-380/PR) with a Growatt Hybrid Inverter (SPH3600) with a 6.5khw Growatt battery.

There are 7 panels on my roof connected to the above inverter (in my loft), the other 6 is on my detached garage. Due to the distance of the 6 panels to the inverter in my loft they added a mini inverter in my garage. The garage is in effect a mini system with it's own consumer unit, inverter etc.. This is connected back to the house consumer unit via SWA.

Given that the Inverter in the loft was spec'ed for 13 panels but only now running 7 panels on 1 string.

If I got the same panels and created another string of 7, I simply plug it into the other string into the inverter? Will I need to reprogrammed the inverter to tell it that it has more panels?

Thank you in advance!

I am in the UK and have a Zappi charger if that is required.

Thank you Pollenface!

Does anyone know if the connection that goes from string into Inverter has positive and negative or it doesn't matter why way it's plugged into Inverter?
Thanks!

It does matter. A solar panel is basically a huge diode, the power can only flow in one direction. It would be best to double check the polarities before making the connections. I would take a lot of care while doing this as high dc voltage can be dangerous.

Back