diy solar

diy solar

How to get account authorization on Deye/Sunsynk inverter on SolarMan Smart app?

Hexados

Hello again, wonderful people!

I hope you're all doing well!

As the title states, I have a client who wants to not only monitor his Deye/Sunsynk inverter, but wants to be able to modify the parameters as well. What struck me is that after I downloaded the application, I thought that was it and they would be able to do/modify everything remotely, as I've done with many inverters and respective brands before. I was actually surprised when authorization was necessary to make this work. Does anyone have any clue how to get this authorization? When I asked a Deye salesperson on WhatsApp, he flat out said "NO", without any reason behind it. I swear I could still hear it through my phone with his native accent, despite it being all in chat. I really would like to make this feature work, if possible.

Another concern, if I may, is that the client has a generator, but the frequency is not always stable. He wants to use the inverter with all available properties. So that everything remains in working form, I told him that it is best to use the "Grid" with a timer and interlocking system to alternative between his generator and utility provided by the government (which is ridiculously scarce in my country, but we do get an occasional couple of hours per day). The reason I'm asking about this as well is because I've had another client (not my installation though) who had the "AC" part of the inverter shot due to the frequency not being so stable. It can no longer pick up neither Grid nor Gen input. In other words, they're running purely on solar now (and yes, even in the display, you see that the voltage is completely wrong, showing 553VAC instead of either 230VAC, or 0 (if completely disconnected)). Yet when I asked that aforementioned individual on WhatsApp, he replied with "This is normal", as in I "can" include generator input even though the frequency is not always stable. Well, so that I don't get my first dissatisfied customer, not to mention an eyewatering 1600$ bill to replace that 8KW inverter (let's be honest, the guy from the chat would deny all culpability, and would likely blame "faulty wiring" on my part), I wish to know if this really is true. The manuals on these things aren't exactly very descriptive. They do have some nice visuals, but not a lot of information, not to mention that they are pretty much "Google Translate" level and you have to understand these things as you go (test them out firsthand).

Any and all input on both matters are highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your time!

So, just a small bump, but I've noticed that there are other applications for Deye/Sunsynk. There are:

- SolarMan Smart
- SolarMan Business
- SolarMan Pro

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between these three, and which one of these allows for a remote parameter modification of the inverter in question? (i.e. Modifying the charging schedule, and the current with which it charges at the given period of time remotely instead of having to go to the inverter every time to do it).

The plant is currently on SolarMan Smart, as aforementioned, but still requires "authentication". I'm guessing that's what allows for remote parameter configuration, but I'm not really sure. Please, I appreciate any input that you provide. Thank you!

Pro is discontinued. Have not been updated since 2020. Checked myself today.
Business is for managing multiple installations for your customers.
Smart is the plain jane standard app.

To get authorization to change parameters etc. you need to email Deye tech services as I understand it.

All of them need an overhaul and way better statistics.

After some back and forth, they have granted me authorization on the Deye/Sunsynk Inverter. They were really nice about it. No real hassle at all, apart from the annoying time zone difference.

To those who want to this access, this is the email:

xumy@deye.com.cn

Also, as @LydMekk stated, SolarMan Pro is indeed discontinued. Best to go with SolarMan Smart.
Mind you, @XO4001 also mentioned something really interesting that I really would be willing to try in the future!

But for now, this is case closed, and a big thank you to all who've helped me :)

After some back and forth, they have granted me authorization on the Deye/Sunsynk Inverter. They were really nice about it. No real hassle at all, apart from the annoying time zone difference.

To those who want to this access, this is the email:

xumy@deye.com.cn

Also, as @LydMekk stated, SolarMan Pro is indeed discontinued. Best to go with SolarMan Smart.
Mind you, @XO4001 also mentioned something really interesting that I really would be willing to try in the future!

But for now, this is case closed, and a big thank you to all who've helped me :)
Are there any additional parameters with the application?
Or the application gives the same settings as the menù on the inverter?

Are there any additional parameters with the application?
Or the application gives the same settings as the menù on the inverter?
same settings, ap update interval is 5 minutes, which is terrible.
better off leaving the configuration on the inverter and using solar assistant for the rest.
you can leave dongle connected, but it will send data to offsite servers as goving others access to your installation.
i make sure in my firewall it cannot get to the internet unless i specificly allow it, which is only when i want firmware updated

same settings, ap update interval is 5 minutes, which is terrible.
better off leaving the configuration on the inverter and using solar assistant for the rest.
you can leave dongle connected, but it will send data to offsite servers as goving others access to your installation.
i make sure in my firewall it cannot get to the internet unless i specificly allow it, which is only when i want firmware updated
How do you know when there is a new firmware?

diy solar

diy solar
Back